What’s getting better in digital media, and how are trends appearing as we begin the next half of 2020? Find out in Merkle’s Digital Marketing Report for Q2 2020. Since its launch in 2011, our quarterly Digital Marketing Report (DMR) has become one of the most highly regarded and frequently cited reports in the digital marketing industry. Here's a sample of what you can expect to find:
- Overall US paid search clicks saw 38% YoY growth in Q2 2020, compared to 7.2% in Q1.
- Essential goods grew 69.5% YoY in Google US organic search visits, versus non-essential goods which grew 41.2% and apparel which decreased -1.5%.
- Instagram ad impressions saw 46% YoY growth in Q2 2020 and ad spend was up 30%.
- Google US organic search visits grew 42.5% YoY in the retail and consumer goods vertical but was down -50.5% in travel.
- Display spend was down -11% YoY in Q2, versus paid social which was up 11%.
Performance Media & Digital Advertising
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)