Me In Merkle is a series of interviews that showcase the incredible individuals who make Merkle a unique and diverse place to work. This week we chatted to Dario Daniele, Lead Email Developer at Merkle.
1. Tell us about yourself. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I was born and raised in a small town near Naples (ITA) called Pozzuoli and I moved to London in January 2014.
2. What drew you to your current career?
Everything started off with a passion for design and code.
4. Why Merkle?
I thought it was the right company for me, one where I could express my potential, improve upon it and share it with other developers.
5. What do you enjoy most about Email Development and what do you think the future is for it?
I like the simplicity of it and the fact that anyone in the world can have a little bit of the same skills in their pocket or computer. I envision a bright future comprising of customisation, automation, interactivity and new approaches to design. My advice is to always keep up with new trends, be curious and do as much research as possible. To be able to see the final result at first glance, not be disheartened at the first mistake and begin panicking but deliver a solid product is what makes Merkle and the team the best ever.
6. What is your greatest accomplishment?
My greatest accomplishment? I am working on it, stay tuned ;)
7. Tell us a bit about your experience so far with Merkle.
My experience at Merkle started in the middle of the pandemic. I was scared of this new opportunity but after talking to Jas and Ben, who explained the Merkle philosophy to me, I had to change my mind. I've been working here for 2 years now and I don't regret my choice.
8. What inspires you about Merkle’s workplace culture?
What inspires me is the harmony within the team and the team work that is achieved. I had a chance to work with our team in India and it seemed like the guys were here in England. I have worked for many companies over the years, both here and in Italy and I must say that I have never found a feeling like working at Merkle.
9. What was your dream job growing up?
I wanted to be a veterinarian with a specialty in the study of reptiles and amphibians.
10. How do you like your eggs?
11. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I buy tons and tons of expensive model kits
12. What is your dream holiday destination?
I would say Japan
13. Best advice or mantra you live by?
Believe in yourself - keep your friends close and your enemies closer - use your head for more than a hat rack