"I want to talk to my customers, with the right message, at the right time, consistently across all channels – both online and offline ". Sound familiar? It’s something we all strive to do but is surprisingly difficult to achieve. The reasons for this, from a technical perspective, can be condensed into four key topics:
- Availability and speed of data
- A centralised, sophisticated segmentation engine across all channels
- The ability to activate consistently across channels at scale
- Delivering the right offer, at the right time
Availability and speed of data
The customer journey is the entire process of a customer’s interaction with a brand, from the first moment of contact, up until the last. It starts with the awareness phase, where the customer learns about the brand and starts engaging. The customer will then further interact with the brand, visit online and physical sites, make purchases, send messages or post reviews. Throughout this time, customers demand hyper-personalised experiences, they want their in-store encounter to complement their digital experience and to be presented with relevant content and offers through all touchpoints.
Except there's one key problem. The data in most campaign automation tools rely on an overnight SCV (Single Customer View) build which, once complete, also needs to be loaded into the tool itself, taking more time. This means that what is known about customers in the campaign tool is already two days out of date by the time it is ready to be used. Customers are engaging with brands in real-time but brands are not able to respond within the same timeframe. This needs to be addressed to provide truly personalised experiences.
A centralised, sophisticated segmentation engine across all channels
Adobe Journey Optimiser is built natively on the Adobe Experience Platform. The platform helps to centralise and standardise data across online and offline sources, and stitch this together to create a real-time customer profile.
From here, brands can create segments with this data, and the segmented audiences are updated in real-time and ready to be used in Adobe Journey Optimiser. The segmentation capabilities are extremely powerful, and allow brands to create complex, dynamic segments such as:
- People who have added and then removed the same product from their shopping cart two or more times in the last seven days.
- People who spend more on a subsequent purchase than their initial one.
We can also start to bridge the gap between online and offline using the power of the real time customer profile. For example:
- If a customer is near a store, send them a push notification that a product they looked at online that was out of stock, is available in store.
- If a customer enquires in branch about a product, update their web personalisation and communications with relevant content about this product.
- If a customer viewed a product online but didn’t buy, not only show an offer to this product within marketing emails, but also provide a voucher at the Point of Sale in store.
This empowers brands to create hyper-personalised, multi-channel, targeted journeys.
Ability to activate consistently across channels at scale
Interactions with customers are changing. At the moment, typically, marketers rely on batch communications, and some limited near real-time communications from web triggers.
With Adobe Journey Optimiser, we are seeing this change into the following four categories:
- Immediate, broad-based burst messaging: Millions of messages in minutes. Reach the entire customer base in minutes for options such as breaking news and sports match stats. This is made possible with Adobe Journey Optimiser's burst messaging feature.
- Scheduled, audience-based omni-channel campaigns: Tens of millions of messages per hour. Real-time, segment-based activation for newsletters or onboarding programs
- Business event-based triggered interactions: This new feature can trigger a new customer journey based on an event happening that is of interest to multiple customers, and inform the customers that particular event has happened. The initial use cases are for a product coming back into stock, weather events, flight updates and sports updates.
- User-led trigger-based interactions: 1:1 real time communications. Communications driven from the behaviour of an individual. This can be both web-based and location-based. For example, somebody walking into store that is eligible for an offer or somebody interacting online and abandoning their basket. It can deliver thousands of transactional messages per second.
Delivering the right offer, at the right time
The next piece of the puzzle is delivering the right offer, and the best content. It's common for brands to have a fragmented marketing stack, with campaigns running in channel silos, making for a disjointed experience for the consumer.
To address this, Adobe Journey Optimiser Offer Decisioning has a centralised offer library and decision engine which leverages the real-time customer profile, allowing you to create rules and constraints to be able to select the customers and channels to which offers will be delivered. This means that you are displaying a consistent personalised message across all touchpoints with customers. This goes beyond traditional channels and can include your website or even your POS or call centres.
Finally, these communications need to be sent at the right time. Journeys can be enhanced with intelligent decisioning such as send time optimisation. Powered by Adobe’s AI services, send time optimisation can predict the best time to send an email or push message to maximise engagement based on historical open and click rates. The machine-learning model can be used to schedule personalised send times for each user to grow the open and click rates of your messages.
Combining all these elements together, results in the ultimate goal as a marketer. Talking to customers, with the right message, at the right time, consistently across all online/offline channels. The ability to achieve this goal really shows how Adobe Journey Optimiser is different to existing campaign automation solutions and why it’s important for your organisation.
Interested in knowing more about Adobe Journey Optimiser and how it can benefit your organisation? Get in touch with our Adobe team today.