Growth Officer - E&C
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 12,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2019 net revenue of $1.1 billion.
The Experience and Growth Growth Officer, leads a team responsible for growing our E&C footprint through relationship building with dentsu entities, our Alliance Partners, deal intake and proactive demand generation. Responsibilities include developing and executing a sales strategy integrated with the marketing strategy for the E&C practice area, coaching and lead a team of ESL’s to quota acquisition.
- Develops and owns the local sales plan for E&C
- Manage CXO level relationships with strong business acumen and customer relationship management skills
- Sales management:
- Intake: Manages lead flow and coordinates closely with broader GTM team comprised of sales, solutions, client services, account management and service lines
- Pipeline Management: Conducts regional pipeline reviews, ensuring team is leveraging best practices, best content, and maintaining accuracy of data in SF.
- People Management: Responsible for sales coaching and managing team to individual performance goals.
- Marketing interface: Partner with Marketing to define market targeting plan, including campaigns, events, and targeted prospects/clients.
- Channel management
- Alliances: Build successful alliance partnerships with various internal teams in identifying, developing and closing new business (pipe, sales, revenue)
- dentsu: Establish effective partnerships with dentsu agencies to co-sell Merkle services
- Identify Market Demand and increase deal flow
- Achieve E&C growth targets (pipeline, tcv and net revenue) and win rate targets
- Establish relationships with key dentsu and Alliance partners
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Masters degree a plus
- >10 years consultative or industry sales experience
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customers
- Knowledge and understanding of the experience and commerce marketplace
- Knowledge and understanding of the Marketing Cloud software industry, including alliance partner relationship management
- Market and sales expertise
- Significant business relationships with senior client executives
- Strong presales experience and ability to propose solid solutions to meet customer requirements
- Quick study of new companies’ technologies, offerings and solutions
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Must have a history of quota attainment in outside sales and strong client/agency relationships
- Develop strong internal relationships within their respective Vertical, Business Units and across Merkle
- An ability to gain access and influence decision-makers at the highest levels in client and alliance partner organizations
- The ability to craft and execute strategic and tactical plans to close large revenue projects
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills with executive level customers and partners
- Ability to lead through influence over authority
- Strong collaboration capabilities are critical to this role
- Relationship building/maintenance skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills with an attention to detail
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $275,000-$325,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary bonus compensation. The company’s bonus compensation plan is subject to change. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.