Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part of our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We partner closely with both Google, Adobe, Optimizely and VWO within the website testing and personalisation field.
You will play a key role in driving the strategy that underpins our clients’ optimisation programmes and will combine web analytics, data science, user research, UX, competitor analysis and consumer psychology to develop data-led approaches that help our clients make their websites more successful.
We use A/B and multi-variant testing to understand the impact of our recommendations, and you will work collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure the learnings identified more widely benefit the client.
As this is a senior role, you will drive thought-leadership within the team and help to develop internal processes and more junior colleagues. The latter of these may be in a direct line management capacity and/or through coaching members of the client teams you lead.
- Using the data to identify insights to inform hypotheses and test ideas and prioritizing these based on expected ROI and contribution to client’s aims and milestones.
- Managing testing programs, ensuring the strategic aims for the program are aligned with the prioritization above.
- Assisting junior members of the team in packaging and presenting insights to stakeholders across varying levels of the client business with varying levels of understanding.
- Building wireframes to support the development of test variants within the testing platforms.
- Configuring and monitoring A/B tests (potential to execute variant builds if you have a development background).
- Analysing and evaluating A/B tests, reporting on results and recommending next steps to our clients and their other partners (e.g. online marketing teams) in order to maximise the benefit of our learning.
- Owning and building client relationships through day-to-day account management and written and face to face contact.
- Working across multiple client projects simultaneously and autonomously managing workload within allocated timeframe.
- Improving internal techniques, processes, documentation and quality assurance.
- Staying current on industry insights and innovation
- Coaching/helping more junior members of the team, with potential for line management responsibility if desired.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.