Global Finance Operations Manager
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
We are looking for a Global Finance Operations Manager on the Merkle B2B team for our media agency of record relationship with an enterprise level technology client. This position is ideal for an individual with 2-3 years of finance project management experience within an agency environment. The role will be focused on Americas reporting at a detailed level, with accountability to also understand and report at a summary level what is happening in our EMEAR & APJC markets. This person will work closely with internal Finance, Media, and Account teams in addition to supporting the Global Client Finance operations lead on the client team.
This person should have an incredibly positive attitude and be able to work well with a variety of internal agency and client contacts alike. Having a solid understanding of the media agency business and a strong working knowledge of finance and accounting will be critical.
As the Finance Operations Manager, you will manage internal schedules, timelines, and finance operations deliverables. You will also serve as a primary agency point of contact for the client’s finance team.
- You will maintain budget summaries and rigorous billing/PO processes, including quarterly PO updates/reconciliations
- You will work with client’s finance team to support the audit of media buys in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in the MSA and to ensure key finance deliverables in SOWs are met
- You will complete monthly pacing reports, media actualization, accrual reporting and quarterly rev forecasts
- You will manage, review, and analyze all client facing finance related deliverables for AMER as your primary focus with accountability to report on a summary level for EMEAR and APJC
- You are accountable to learn and manage client-specific processes to ensure compliance
- Maintain strong working relationships with team members and client, identifying opportunities to improve project efficiency and communication
- Work with the media team to maintain Salesforce bookings to ensure accuracy and correct phasing of rev
- Manage client invoicing, issuing invoices in a timely and accurate manner and working closely with the media team to complete invoice requests and manage credit collection and client query resolution
- You will assist with the creation of staffing plans and prepare monthly global staffing updates and hours accruals reporting
- Create financial reporting templates and ensure data required by client is included in all reports
- Support ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or economics
- At least 2-3 years of finance/accounting and project management experience, preferably within a media/full-service agency or client-side marketing department setting
- Knowledge of project budgets, staff resourcing, and billing
- Demonstrable technical accounting ability, especially a strong conceptual understanding
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Effectively works autonomously, as well as with a team
- Advanced capabilities in all Microsoft Office applications, including strong knowledge of Excel and the ability to manipulate data via Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, etc.
- Experience with NetSuite, D365 and Salesforce, Smartsheets and/or other project management software solutions a plus
Part of dentsu, dentsu international helps clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative, dentsu international operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists. Follow us on social @dentsuUSA. Applicants from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,000-$106,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.