This job contributes to A Major Outdoor products and services retailer's success by working as part of a cross-functional team and actively participate in day-to-day functions of the Direct Mail channel. You will be part of a team responsible for driving significant results to the business and will have the opportunity to own work that will solve real-time business challenges. Reporting to the Direct Mail Senior Program Manager, and as a member of the Marketing department, you will gain insights into the key functions of Marketing as it relates to the Brand's broader strategy and vision. With guidance from the Sr. Program Manager, this role ensures smooth and successful development of direct mail projects, ushering the process from brief development to execution.
Responsibilities include working collaboratively with many cross-divisional partners to ensure the channel deadlines are met and best practices are being followed. The team has several meetings throughout the week to align on work, along with opportunities to connect more personally. This role will critically rely on relationship management between internal business partners and execution of program and project plans. The Direct Mail Marketing Specialist works cross-divisionally to develop and implement these programs and make adjustments and optimizations based on business needs. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Supports the day-to-day workflow and development of REI’s Direct Mail channel.
- Maintain sample distribution list, catalog inkjet messaging and project plans, managing updates as needed.
- Manages internal business relationships with partners within marketing and across the co-op.
- Review projects closely at key proofing milestones to ensure accuracy and customer experience aligns with campaign goals and project requirements.
- Support process improvement & operational change management within the Direct Mail team
- Verifies personalization and testing parameters are implemented correctly and accurately.
- Supports basic program reporting as needed.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.