AEM Architect / Tech Lead
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
The AEM Architect role will be responsible for taking AEM platform implementations projects through the entire life cycle. You will work as the technical lead and will be directly involved in the design, development, and testing of multiple AEM sites. This position will also document and support the sites and extensions throughout the production life cycle. The position will include both working with project teams in an Agile environment and self-directed activities. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication, and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative, organization, and judgment.
- Designs and implements Adobe Experience Manager solutions
- Performs role of subject matter expert for Adobe Experience Manager
- Quickly learns and designs integrations with various marketing technologies
- Communicates both to non-technical clients and technical development teams
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Experience in following Agile development practices
- Ability to get things done without being micromanaged
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical proficiency to accurately document code
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Prepare proposals and time estimates for future work
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications
- Advanced architecture design and diagramming
- Advanced code design and execution skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work/learn as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of ticket based tracking system
- Advanced organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Advanced skill in providing confident and polite customer service
- Advanced troubleshooting and configuration skills
- Advanced technical knowledge of PC hardware and software products and support
- Advanced troubleshooting technical issues via phone and in-person
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related IT field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing with AEM (version 6.2 and higher);
- Adobe AEM certifications beneficial but not required.
- 5+ years experience with creating custom AEM components and templates
- 5+ years experience maintaining and administering AEM sites
- 5+ years experience with Java
- 5+ years experience with HTTP and REST API usage
- Experience utilizing BitBucket, GitHub, Jira and Confluence
- Experience with AMS as a hosting platform
- Familiarity with eCommerce and Magento
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential