Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to join our Finance Operations hub in a fast growing and rapidly changing organization.
We are seeking a person with finance and accounting background with experience working on Group reporting and intercompany accounts in a medium to large sized corporate organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to make a difference in a growing team, support our international success and develop a career in an organisation where no one day is the same!
Life as a Management Accountant at Merkle
- We are a strong, high performing team within the business with a reputation for delivering financial information in a very timely manner to a high standard.
- It’s a roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in type of role.
- The role takes ownership of the monthly P&L, balance sheet and assist on production of management reporting, including the reporting process to our ultimate parent company, Dentsu.
- Ownership of intercompany reporting tools, fixed assets register and balance sheet reconciliations.
- The role will also provide support to our Media spend process.
- You will be expected to uphold processes and procedures to ensure financial control.
- General ad hoc activities to support the Finance function.
What we are looking for in you
- University Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Professional degree or assimilated.
- Your 3+ years experience will have been gained from a medium to large sized corporate business.
- Strong IT literacy, in particular with Excel (V look ups, Pivot tables and Macros) with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Self-motivated and highly methodical, keen to learn and progress in an industry-leading company.
- Excellent organisational skills to deliver against required deadlines, capable of working on your own initiative and seeking assistance when appropriate.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Resilience to see tasks through to completion.
- Familiar with working with offshore shared service centers will be a plus.
- Good team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons
- Free life and health insurance
- Career development through Merkle University and LinkedIn Learning
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness day
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Reduced fee in Andjoy
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.