Senior SEO Manager
Merkle Media is market leading performance media agency specializing in data driven digital media planning and optimisation. With 20 year’s experience in digital media and a heritage as one of Google’s original UK channel partners, the business has evolved from a leading independent to supporting a client roster of recognisable national and global brands within the Dentsu marketing group
Our agency our mission is to ensure media delivers long-term growth, with focus on business outcomes vs individual programme/campaign/media metrics. As part of Merkle a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company providing expertise in Marketing Technology, Data/Analytics and CRM, Merkle Media is uniquely positioned at the intersection of media and technology to enable the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices.
We are currently experiencing incredible growth at Merkle and have a range of roles open for SEO professionals with different skillsets and levels of experience – we’d love to hear from you if you have a passion for SEO!
We are looking for an SEO Senior Manager to join our talented & passionate SEO team. In this role you will be pivotal to the continued growth of the department by playing a leading role on one or more of our key accounts.
Reporting to one of our fantastic Directors, we’ll help you continue to develop your digital marketing career by leading on a key client account, developing as a thought leader, and collaborating with other Merkle best-in-class departments to create and execute holistic campaigns.
Life as a SEO Manager at Merkle
We focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences. Your day to day will see you:
- Building relationships with key client stakeholders
- Motivating and supporting a team to develop organic search campaigns and deliver against them
- Helping the wider SEO team develop their skills, through trainings and managing a small team of leads & associates
- Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
- Extracting insight from campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
- Exhibiting clear understanding of overall client brand messaging and goals, and managing the development of content for search marketing
- Overseeing the solving of complex technical SEO problems and the development of technical efficiencies
- Working closely with key team members from SEO and across Merkle to ensure client success, and the continued development of our propositions
- Communicating complicated SEO concepts to key stakeholders who may not have a background in search engine optimization or technical SEO knowledge
- Reviewing and QAing content, technical, local, outreach deliverables to ensure they are of the highest standard before going to the client
- Anticipating and mitigating challenges with delivery timelines, and oversee prioritisation of tasks
- Supporting the wider team to prepare client presentations (e.g. Quarterly Business Reviews)
What we are looking for in you
We have roles open at a number of levels, so if you’re passionate about SEO but feel like your experience doesn’t quite match up with what we’re looking for here, we’d still love to hear from you:
Our identical candidate will have:
- Experience within an SEO-focused role ideally within an Agency environment, and experience managing or mentoring more junior members of the team
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry-leading expert
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal; strong client relationships building skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Confidence contributing to strategies across content and technical SEO
Additionally, the following are nice to haves:
- Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams (e.g. Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
- Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs
- Additional language skills
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Flexible hybrid working with wonderful central London office location
- Comprehensive training and career development opportunities, with access to courses, coaching and hosted training sessions.
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance, and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits includes 3 wellness days, birthday day off and 2 volunteer days.
- Regular social events
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.