Merkle Bulgaria provides global retailers with a single source of expertise, technology, and operational support. We have a proven track record for delivering, managing, and innovating multi-channel commerce platforms for major international brands and retailers, including Adidas, Clarins, ASDA, Shiseido, Birkenstock, La Prairie, and more. Our world-class team has delivered sites for over 35 brands with more than 400 transactional eCommerce sites in 60 locations and on 6 continents.
Due to incredible growth, we are looking for an SEO Manager to join our talented & passionate SEO team.
Reporting to one of our Bulgarian Managers, the successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to accelerate their career by working on well-known global brands as an extension of our UK-based team.
Life as an SEO Manager at Merkle
- Work closely with a large UK-based account team on a variety of international SEO accounts.
- Opportunity to grow a small team of Associates in Bulgaria as an extension of our UK offices
- Manage, coach, and train up a small team of SEO Associates
- Develop and implement search SEO strategies with the support of a UK Director and local SEO Associates
- Motivating and supporting a team to deliver against SEO campaigns
- Providing regular updates on the timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
- Extracting insight from campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
- Exhibiting a clear understanding of overall client brand messaging and goals, and managing the development of content
- Ability to communicate complicated SEO concepts to key stakeholders who may not have a background in search engine optimization or technical SEO knowledge
- Review and QA content, technical, local, outreach deliverables to ensure they are of the highest standard before going to the client
- Overseeing the solving of complex technical & content SEO problems and support in building roadmaps and strategies
- Working closely with key team members from the SEO team and across Merkle to ensure client success and the continued development of our propositions
- Adhere to SEO best practices, and keep up to date on the changes to search engine algorithms, making sure that changes are incorporated into the existing workload, where relevant
- Anticipate and mitigate challenges with delivery timelines, and oversee prioritization of tasks
- Support the wider team to prepare client presentations – excels, power points, quarterly business reviews
What you need to succeed:
- Fluent level in verbal and written English
- Previous SEO experience - 5+ years and a proven record of managing people and growing a junior team
- Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams is a bonus (e.g. Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry-leading expert
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Data Studio
- Experience working with one of the following tools is a bonus - Ahrefs, SEMRush, OnCrawl, Conductor, DeepCrawl
- Ambitious and driven with a passion for SEO and a keen eye for detail
- Good interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong client relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
Nice to have:
- 2nd language is a bonus - French, Spanish, Russian
- Previous experience working for enterprise clients is a bonus
- We are huge believers in work-life balance, that's why we offer all of our employees 25 days of paid leave;
- We recognize strong talent and go above and beyond to attract and retain the best people, that's why our remuneration packages are among the top on the market;
- We understand that there cannot be a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to benefits, that's why we have a customizable benefits package, that fits your own needs;
- Our teams operate using a hybrid work model and they can work from both the office and the comfort of their own home;
- Free parking spaces for all of our employees when they decide to work from the office;
- Free drinks and snacks in the office to help keep the energy levels up;
- Attend the most popular tech and business events in Bulgaria for free, of course.
Тhаnk you for reading about our role. If you decide to apply, keep in mind that we will be considering candidates who meet our requirements first, then everyone else. If you don't hear back from us, we may reach out in the future once we have a role that might be a better fit for you.