Customer Data Platform Solution Architect (AWS)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking for a CDP Solution Architect to join our team of data heroes. You will be responsible for architecting custom Customer Data Platforms (CDP), Digital Analytics, and Data Science solutions in the cloud (AWS) and driving the team in project delivery. The ideal candidate is an experienced architect with a proven record of implementing large, data-oriented projects or software products, who enjoys building complex solutions from the ground up using the latest technologies. You should be a versatile self-starter eager to roll out next-gen architectures, comfortable supporting multiple technologies/clients, and also a great team player able to mentor our international team with a positive, startup-minded attitude.
- Provide thought leadership and drive architecture of custom-developed Customer Data Platform (CDP), Digital Analytics, and Data Science solutions using cloud technologies in AWS
- Translate business goals and use cases into a technical design of a platform to deliver actionable insights (e.g. customer 360 view) for various business processes, especially in the area of Marketing Automation, Customer Acquisition / Programmatic (AdTech), and CRM. Become the technical SPoC for all stakeholders.
- Set architectural vision and direction across a matrix of teams. Propose a conceptual/logical design for various platform components and large volumes of data integrations.
- Apply effective governance methods for long-term scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and solution elasticity in alignment with enterprise architecture, security, and infrastructure guidelines and standards.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the implementation team (impl. engineers, scientists, digital analysts, BI consultants, ..) to ensure the project is implemented as per business requirements
- Support product owners by proposing a technical roadmap and effort estimates
- Ensure full DevOps automation of continuous development/test/deployment processes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technology-related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, IT, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in the design and build of complex data-oriented solutions, a combination of relevant areas:
- Implementing large-scale Customer Data Platform (CDP/DMP) or DataLake/Datawarehouse (DWH) solutions
- Delivery of Marketing Automation (Omni-channel Campaigning, Digital Advertising / Programmatic), CRM or Web Tracking (Tag Management) projects
- Experience in data pipelines/ETL (data ingestion, processing, transformation and activation) development, preferably in cloud-based tools/infrastructure
- Full experience in AWS architecture and services (Glue, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Sagemaker, Kafka …)
- Understanding data concepts and patterns (Data Lake, Master Data Management, data quality, lambda architectures, streaming processing)
- Understanding of client’s customer life cycle, customer data touchpoints and business processes to collect, analyze and activate this data for various purposes such as marketing, sales, customer service etc.
- Experience with full software development lifecycle (CI/CD), including development skills using programming languages like Python/Java/Scala/C++ and relational/NoSQL databases
- Proficient in architecture methodologies and tools like diagraming (draw.io, Sparks EA, Confluence) and standards (Archimate, TOGAF)
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong technical leadership, mentorship, and collaboration
- Strong project management and organizational skills
· Experience with 3rd party CDP implementations (Tealium, Arm Treasure Data, Exponea, Adobe AEP, …)
- Understanding of Data Science (ML) concepts from both business and technical perspectives
- Experience with Marketing/CMS/CRM cloud technologies such as Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, DMP, CRM), Adobe (AEM, Analytics) or Google (GA, BigQuery)
- Past experience in software product development (roadmapping, componentization, containerization. Etc.)
- We offer you:
- Interesting international projects, where you can gain new/relevant experience
- Dynamic environment where you will never happen to fell into a routine work
- Possibility to grow with every new project
- Start-up agile atmosphere
- Friendly international team of creative minds
We obviously offer even more:
- Brand new offices in Prague and Brno centre with great accessibility
- Laptop and international tariff even for your private use
- Cafeteria of benefits to choose from – life insurance, pension insurance, Ticket benefits and more are coming
- 5 weeks of paid vacation (25 days)
- 2 sick days per calendar year
- Ulekare.cz (medical assistance)
- We value self-education and learning new technologies, so we support all our team members in obtaining new certifications, attending learning tutorials and conferences
- Flexible working hours and home-office
- Travelling all around the world
- We have an employee breakfast regularly, we enjoy beer and wine and we create a lot of opportunities to get together for those who enjoy life, not only work
- Relocation support for candidates outside of the Czech Republic