AWS Data Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Your day-to-day role will be working alongside other highly skilled engineers in supporting, and developing, new and existing large-scale enterprise solutions. You will be responsible for developing new functionality according to a commercial brief, update existing functionality depending on requirements, performing peer-reviews to ensure code adheres to best practice, fit for purpose and scalable, and document technical processes in a clear and highly detailed fashion.
You will support junior team members effectively troubleshooting technical issues and being one of the go-to specialists, you will support the wider team in responding to client queries, setting expectation and ensuring process is adhered to.
Opportunity to rub minds with the best minds in the business – we pride ourselves on being approachable and collaborative. This role will give you the following opportunities:
- Ability to work on (and get your teeth into as this is a hands-on role) a truly diverse blue chip Client portfolio across a number of industry sectors.
- Longer-term opportunity to work across a number of complex solutions, using latest technologies such as Connected Customer Engagement, Big Data, Omni-Channel Marketing, 360 Single Customer Views, DMPs.
- Innovation and training time to develop your skills and encourage continued professional development.
- Opportunity to rub minds with the best in the business – we pride ourselves on being approachable and collaborative.
- An Extensive background in design and/or implementation of highly distributed applications on AWS.
- Hands on experience in “migrating” on premise workloads (especially EDW, Data Lake, Analytic sandboxes) to AWS ..
- Expertise in SQL Server T-SQL development, SQL server 2008 plus SSIS, SQL Data Tools and/or Informatica
- 2+ years’ data warehouse design ideally using Kimball methodology (or other methodology i.e. Inmon, 3NF).
- Source Control using Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS). It will also be nice to have a AWS Professional level certification
- Software and application development experience, with the ability to understand the full solution.
- Handling and protection of information, reporting security events and implementing appropriate policies and procedures.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK candidates that require a sponsorship may be considered if they are an ideal match with what's aligned in our key skills.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.