IC Senior_SSE_Java_Angular_Cloud_Atlanta, GA
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part of Dentsu, is looking for Sr. Software Engineer (Java, Full Stack)
This role is responsible to architect, build and deploy complex custom workflow applications and advanced analytics data products at enterprise scale to support thousands of global users. This role requires strategic thinking and skills to build low footprint, highly scalable applications.
To crush this role, you will need technical acumen and consulting experience to perform effective problem inquiry and synthesize of technological outcomes, to present insights to senior leaders driving actionability and impact. You’d need to be proficient across the full stack preferably using Java (SpringBoot), Angular/ReactJS on variety of datastore platforms.
Role: Senior Software Engineer (Java, Full Stack)
- Be an SME in consultative space; grow towards being a superior technical resource for Merkle’s fortune 1000 clientele to drive client satisfaction and thought leadership within the client’s organisation
- Provide technical solutions and designs (Data flow’s, Schema’s, Pseudo Codes, Functional Designs); lead the decision-making process across business needs, timelines and resource capabilities
- Participate in architecture and design forums, support prototyping and wireframing of solutions. Represent the Merkle team and participate in weekly, monthly quarterly reviews with client senior stakeholders
- Build and test codes using TDD programming paradigms in an Agile scrum developmental approach.
- Peer-review the code and design patterns, document feedback, and follow through with on best practice compliance
- Effectively interact with client users and business teams to clarify and co-design features that drive adoption and end-user satisfaction and business impact
- Collaborate effectively and openly with Architects, UX design teams to reduce technical debt and adopt efficient and modern approaches to software design. Work with Ops and IT to ensure infrastructure support and dev ops support
- Follow enterprise guidelines for SCM (code versioning, deployment and release management, CI/CD etc.)
- BE / B. Tech/Master’s in Computer science/Information Technology
- (ideal) Master of Science in Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related fields)
Certifications − Java, Angular (preferred)
- 5-7 years of experience working as a programmer / developer in an enterprise environment
- 3-5 years of experience in Java full stack development
- Hands on experience of multiple back-end languages (Java and Spring boot)
- Should have in-depth knowledge on REST API development.
- Proven experience in developing micro services using spring boot.
- Should have a technical and functional understanding of web applications
- Programming: Java 8 or above, Spring Boot
- Cloud: SQL (preferably BigQuery), Cloud Scheduler
- CI-CD tool: Teamcity, Spinnaker or similar
- Experience of working in cloud environments preferably GCP
- (preferred) Experience in working for Retail domain
- High engagement skills, led by good communication & listening skills
- Curious minded and detail oriented
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100K-$130K. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.