Senior Software Developer
Merkle is a data-driven, technology-enabled international marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader. In 2016, Merkle became part of Dentsu, one of the world’s top 5 media companies with 60,000+ employees and a global presence.
The Senior Software Developer role is placed within the Digital Product team, part of Merkle’s Analytics department. Digital Product is responsible for building and maintaining Merkle’s internal software products, built in partnership with some of the world’s leading technology firms, including Meta, Google, Amazon, and LinkedIn among others.
The core product that you would be working on helps Dentsu teams optimise digital marketing campaigns for some of the largest advertisers in the world, with hundreds of users across London, Tokyo, Los Angeles, Dubai, and a wider expansion to the EMEA region in the coming year.
We’re looking for a full-stack Senior Software Developer with experience working in a multi-disciplinary team. Working closely with 6 other developers, 2 product managers, and the product director, you’ll ensure we design and build the platform in a robust and scalable way, and deliver the best service for our clients, who include some of the biggest advertisers in the world.
● You’ll have a hybrid working schedule, with some flexibility on start/end hours, and choosing yourself whether to work from home or our modern office on Triton St, London.
● You’ll work across the development lifecycle by overseeing solution design, contributing to the roadmap, giving input on architecture decisions, overseeing code reviews, and ensuring the platform is built in a robust way.
● You’ll also actively contribute to the codebase by writing clean, logical and structured code, setting an example for the rest of the team.
● You’ll have exposure to industry-leading partners, working closely with technology from companies like Google, Meta & Amazon. There are also opportunities to work directly with engineers from these companies or attend collective hackathons and other developer training sessions delivered by our partners.
● We’re a friendly bunch! You’ll be working with a mix of junior, mid and senior developers, a perfect environment to sharpen your skills. We also host regular team socials, company-wide workshops, and allocate time for self-development every Friday.
● You’ll have dedicated time for self development, as our team sets Friday afternoons aside for self-guided learning. This time could be spent brushing up on coding best practices, learning a new framework or studying for a professional qualification, like the Google Cloud engineer certification. We have a team training budget which can be used to pay for courses or exam costs.
We’re a cloud-first, full-stack team, putting a big emphasis on autonomy and personal development. We’re scaling rapidly within the business, so in addition to writing top-notch code, you'll be expected to contribute to the wider development lifecycle, architecture, processes, and mentoring of more junior team members. Our product is built entirely on Google Cloud, using the following languages, frameworks and technologies:
● Backend services: C# and NodeJS (TypeScript)
● Frontend development: ReactJS
● Data storage: MySQL, Google Firestore, Google BigQuery
● Hosting: Cloud Run (with Docker), Cloud Functions
● Testing : XUnit (C#), Mocha & Chai (TypeScript), Cypress (frontend)
A few of the benefits
- You’ll have a competitive salary, private health & dental insurance, corporate discounts and career development through Dentsu University, free access to LinkedIn learning and degree level training programs through Multiverse
- 29+ days of annual leave (25 days of regular holidays, Birthdays off and 3 additional wellness days) We also offer the opportunity to volunteer for up to 2 days per year and tend to close down the agency between Christmas and new years
- You’ll have a hybrid working schedule, with flexible start/end hours, and choosing yourself whether to work from home or our modern offices in central locations.
- We’re a friendly bunch! We host regular team socials and company-wide workshops
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.