Technical SEO Senior Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Merkle are looking for a Technical SEO Senior Associate with curiosity for all things tech SEO including web dev and data analysis and strong SEO experience overall. The candidate will be working closely with the senior leads to ensure the standards of technical work are kept to the highest level across the wider SEO team.
Together with the rest of the tech team, the candidate will help Merkle keep the competitive edge in the technical SEO field and experiment new solutions to stay ahead of the curve, including learning new or developing existing skills in Web Dev, APIs, Python and methods of enhancing work processes. Curiosity and proactive experimenting are key.
Life as a Technical SEO Senior Associate at Merkle
A typical day will include completing technical SEO work and performing QA of deliverables. We’re also looking for someone who is comfortable training generalist SEOs and coaching junior members of the team.
- Produce Merkle standard recommendations that deliver value to our clients
- Help wider SEO team develop their tech skills
- Keep up to date with industry updates and new techniques, particularly in the web dev field
Contribute in solving complex SEO problems for websites across different platforms and markets
- Carry out training and workshops for junior associates
- Mentor junior associates
- Help to prepare presentations and potentially speak at conferences
- Help to develop new methods of analysis and data collection
What we are looking for in you
- Experience within an SEO focused role ideally. Within an Agency environment is a plus
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Experience working with some SEO tools e.g. Ahrefs, SEMRush, OnCrawl, Conductor, DeepCrawl, Majestic, Yext (we don’t expect you to know them all!)
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint, and a desire to develop in these areas
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong relationships
- Natural curiosity to think outside of the box and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- Ambitious and driven with passion for SEO and a keen eye for detail
- Additional language skills are a plus
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.