New Business Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices.
For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 14,000 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
As the New Business Director, you will be part of a commercial team responsible for achieving the growth targets set for the company in Spain.
The main responsibility will be to develop a robust new business pipeline in order to acquire new clients for Merkle Spain.
This position reports to the Chief Growth Officer.
Life as New Business Director at Merkle Spain:
- Develops and owns the New Business sales plan (focused on Marketing Technology, Data & Analytics and Digital Agency).
- Builds successful partnerships with various internal teams (esp Alliances, Solutions, Operations, Marketing, etc.) to identify, develop and close opportunities.
- Works with / through internal teams to promote solutions that address different customer needs.
- Formulate solutions to meet the unique business needs of clients and effectively position the same.
- Leads development of business-value messaging with the Merkle teams, case studies/use cases, and other targeted sales materials to pitch, grow, and expand business. (Targets include C-Level clients and internal Merkle stakeholders).
- Works with Marketing to plan and implement targeted outreach efforts with customers.
- Manages lead flow.
- Bachelor’s degree
- It is anticipated the suitable candidate will have 5+ years consultative sales, account management and/or sales experience
- Experience with alliance partner technology/solutions
- Established contacts and relationships with potential customer
- Knowledge and understanding of the digital marketing and agency marketplace
- Market and sales expertise with a partnership focus
- Significant business relationships with senior client executives
- Experienced in executing partner go-to-market programs, messaging, and delivery for a variety of audiences including a track record of exceeding revenue quota and new business adoption goals
- Must have a history of quota attainment in outside sales and strong client/agency relationships
- Develop strong internal relationships within their respective Vertical, Business Units and across Merkle
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Gain and maintain knowledge on all Merkle products, services, and tools by attending Merkle University, departmental, Sales and corporate training meetings
- An ability to gain access and influence decision-makers at the highest levels in client organizations
- The ability to craft and execute strategic and tactical plans to close large revenue projects
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Attractive and competitive salary
- health insurance
- Career development
- Day off on your birthday
- Annual wellness days
- 2 volunteering days per annum
- Flexible schedule
- Merkle Care Employee Assistance Program
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Flexible salary remuneration scheme
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.