Cloud DevOps Engineer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation agency, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
At Merkle, customer experience is at the forefront of everything we do.
To help us driving innovation and build functional systems that improve customer experience, we are looking to reinforce our Cloud Solutions Team with a versatile Cloud DevOps Engineer.
If you have a proven track record in Cloud Computing, you're passionate towards cutting edge technologies, and how to constantly improve the software development life cycle, we'd love to speak with you.
You can choose one of our offices for this role: Geneva, Lausanne, St. Gallen or Zurich.
- Design, build and management of cloud architectures guaranteeing high availability, solid security, top performance and reliability
- Being involved in engineering and applications operations
- Automate systems management, focusing on performance, scalability and security, improving utilization and reducing toil
- Design cost-effective solutions and services ensuring that value is measured, tracked and realized at the end of key delivery points
- Development and improvement of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines for developer productivity increase
- Design and implement logging, monitoring and alerting solutions, increasing systems visibility and enabling faster recovery from incidents
- Provide guidance and recommendations to increase efficiency and reduce customer incidents
- Develop tooling and processes to drive and improve teams and customer experience
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Support internal and external customers on multiple platforms
- Document products, processes, and tools with a high quality
- Continuous improvement following company’s internal education program
- Communicate well and good in client relationship, effective at understanding our product portfolio and how to promote our offer
- Knowledge of at least one public cloud offering: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of Linux or Windows systems fundamentals and their implications
- Professional automation experience with at least one configuration/deployment management tool such as Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform
- Experience on container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience integrating monitoring and alerting technologies, such as Datadog, New Relic, CloudWatch or Azure Monitor and Elastic Stac
- Experience of building, running and improving CI/CD frameworks, tools etc. and industrializing these into day-to-day operations
- Demonstrable understanding of security and networking principles in a cloud-native environment
- Experience working in an Agile fast-paced, DevOps environment
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- A curious nature, thinking outside the box
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service, be a good listener, work well with others and trusted by colleagues
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and takes initiative
- Strong sense of ownership, self-drive, and innovation
- Fluent in English (French or German as a plus)
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and negotiations skills
Key skills: AWS or Azure, Terraform, Linux or Windows Server, Python or Bash or PowerShell, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, CI/CD
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personnel consultancies - we only work with selected partners.