Strategy Partner - Brand & Creative
MerkleB2B is the merged media skills of DWA, creative & content skills of Gyro, research skills of B2Bi and data & technology skills of Merkle, and further part of the incredible Merkle and Dentsu parent groups. Since our establishment as a global end-to-end, best-in-class B2B agency, we are growing at a rapid and exciting pace. The ambition is to create the ultimate Marketing Services partner that can successfully serve the end-to-end needs of global B2B clients.
Joining MerkleB2B, you will become part of a new-breed B2B powerhouse, delivering integrated B2B marketing solutions that are unparalleled in the market, working across iconic brands including Shell, Visa, Adobe, JPMorgan, Ericsson and many more.
Along the way, you will team up with inspiring colleagues across the MerkleB2B business ranging from Creative, Media, Insight, Experience and Data & Tech and become part of a truly inclusive culture where everyone is given the opportunity to thrive and create the best work of their careers; always learning and always listening to shape ideas, create culture and change behaviour.
The EMEA business has had a great year, adding strong new client relationships to our roster, bringing great new talent onboard and further building out our operating model and proving it in-market. We were also awarded B2B Agency of the Year by The Drum and our ambitions don’t stop there – we want to be best in breed and shoot for the best awards in the business.
Our fuel is our proprietary SuperPowers research into what makes for the most meaningful B2B brand experiences has fueled a lot of this; and our engine is our new strategic operating system that facilitates the integration of our Media, Creative & Content, Research and Data & Technology skills a meaningful reality for our people and our clients.
We are looking for a Strategy Partner to spearhead brand and creative strategy across our biggest accounts, and working in close collaboration with Strategy Partners across P/O/E Media & Connections, as well as Research, Commerce and Data & Tech. This is a role that is critical to the success of our agency and the opportunity for this role to shape our clients’ brands and the trajectory of our agency itself is significant – so we are looking for people who are curious, hungry, driven, inspiring and really want to make a lasting impact.
As Strategy Partner – Brand & Creative, you will:
· Lead the Brand & Creative Strategy workstreams across some of our biggest accounts in Tech, Energy, Financial Services and other sectors, collaborating with peers across Media, Commerce and Data & tech to deliver integrated solutions to our clients
· Work as a triumvirate with Client and Creative Leads and alongside P/O/E Media Strategy Partners to set the brand- and creative-strategic agendas for our clients
· Oversee, guide and nurture mid-weight and junior brand, creative and content strategists
· Be a brand- and creative-strategic thought leader within the agency and with clients, and developing and delivering a unique PoV on our clients’ brand challenges
· Promote best practice by developing and optimising best processes for strategic development and implementation of strategic tools
· Write world-class creative briefs that might stretch and challenge our clients as well as inspire creatives to think in interesting and innovative ways
· Help build MerkleB2B’s reputation as the integrated B2B partner for ambitious, iconic global B2B brands of today and tomorrow
· Proven experience delivering innovative integrated strategic solutions for blue-chip clients, B2B preferred but not mission-critical
· Creative agency planning background with strong digital capabilities
· Comfortable developing holistic brand frameworks and articulating value propositions for complex businesses, as well as developing customer strategies and mapping customer journeys
· Strong experience of coaching and mentoring direct and indirect reports
· Proven experience developing compelling, insight-led creative briefs that have led to impactful and effective creative output
· Conversant with different research methodologies and capable of knowing how and when to apply them
· Successful track record in pitching and winning new business
· Lateral and creative thinking with an ability to cut through complexity
· Curious and inquisitive about customer behaviour, society and culture
· An ability to get “in” the client’s business, not just “on” it
· A sleeves-rolled-up attitude that is all about producing good work
· Strong cross-business collaborator, with Strategy team peers, as well as Creative and Client Services team
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry