Strategy & Transformation Consultant
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
The Strategy & Transformation Consultant role will join a team of talented and experienced CXM transformation professionals & marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals through transforming ways of working and developing best in class organisational design that enables each client to deliver people-first CXM, and achieve their success.
The Strategy & Transformation Consultant will be a key role in engagements with clients to assess their ways of working and help them to advance their CXM maturity, effectiveness & efficiency. You will be responsible for leading delivery of client projects to deliver successful outcomes, including facilitating workshops (face to face and virtually) around people, process and culture, working collaboratively with clients to help them co-create and embed the right customer-obsessed, people first mindset and new (agile) ways of working practices; as well as to take advantage of new data & tech capabilities to create new value exchanges, and to focus their business around increasingly personal customer strategies & experiences.
This role requires you to be analytical as well as creative in your thought process and have the ability to be nimble in your thinking about client problems. As a key leader inside of a Proposition Chapter, as well as working at the heart of collaborative, cross-functional client mission and client project teams, you will also need the capability & confidence to bring thought leadership and a point of view, and to be able to influence others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution – turning possibilities into probabilities into reality and sustainable value.
Merkle is a people-first, customer-obsessed and tech-enabled customer experience company and believes strongly in organisations taking a data-informed approach to decision making, utilising insight to develop strategies focused around connecting, creating & curating intelligent customer experiences that empower individuals, build brands and transform businesses. Our transformation consultants must believe in this philosophy and have demonstrably strong capabilities within the customer experience, data-informed marketing or ecommerce, CVM or loyalty, and/or insights fields. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to collaborate knowledgeably with clients when it comes to media planning, commerce and marketing programmes & campaigns, and have the ability to work across multiple of our core vertical markets (Insurance, Financial Services, Non-Profit, Retail, Automotive, Travel, Media and Entertainment, B2B, High Tech).
The ideal candidate for this position must have a strong passion for problem solving, and an understanding of how businesses & their people, brands and consumers interact – helping businesses know their customers of today, and of tomorrow – with deep interest in the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship, and in empowering individuals. Candidates must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
Life as a Transformation Consultant at Merkle
· Working within, and leading as required, client project teams to understand clients’ current organisations, capabilities and ways of working, and help map progression to more mature CXM capabilities and effective & efficient ways of working.
· Support transformation of clients to more collaborative, agile, data-informed & insight-led, and customer-obsessed ways of working.
· Build and deliver target operating models and strategy and measurement frameworks.
· Act as a subject matter expert, particularly in the areas of digital marketing, CRM/CVM and CXM.
· Continually monitor current CX & marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing & CXM ideas for clients.
· Show an understanding of differences in marketing & CXM to customers & clients in different verticals, environments, maturity stages and need states.
· Develop trusted, long-term relationships with key client stakeholders and V-suite & C-suite.
· Collaborate and develop strong, trusted relationships with internal Merkle & dentsu teams, including Strategy & Transformation in particular, as well as Sales & Client Services, Media, Experience & Commerce, MarTech, Decisioning & Data Solutions, and Analytics & Measurement practice areas, and Operations & Finance, and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of omni-channel, multi-disciplinary recommendations & plans.
· Demonstrably strong capabilities within the customer experience, data-informed marketing or ecommerce, CVM or loyalty, and/or insights fields
· Client side or agency experience accepted
· Demonstrable ability to collaborate knowledgeably with clients when it comes to media planning, commerce and marketing programmes & campaigns, and have the ability to work across multiple of our core vertical markets
· Knowledge and direct experience of agile ways of working and previous experience in transformation roles will be highly beneficial
· Strong passion and aptitude for problem solving
· Understanding of how businesses & their people, brands and consumers interact, with deep interest in the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship, and in empowering individuals
· Lead by example in collaborative ways of working – both internally, and with clients and other external agencies and partners
· Experience of different marketing technology platforms, and/or running assessments on technology assessments would be beneficial, but not essential.
· Proven experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
· Strong writing, presentation and client-facing communication and influencing skills.
· Experience translating data, organisational and ways of working analysis into actionable CXM recommendations and presentations – with proficiency in PowerPoint expected.
· Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and external feedback on an iterative basis.
· Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
· Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and invisible needs.
· Must have superior networking, time management and inter-personal skills.
· Self-starter high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
· Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
What we have to offer
Working at Merkle means: developing smart creative solutions with talented colleagues.
Your professional development lies in our focus. For this, we offer internal and external training and exchange formats, as well as various development paths and career models. Through the exchange with over 1500 colleagues at 8 locations, you will be able to expand your network and knowledge continuously.
We will actively promote your work-life balance: home office, flexible working hours, sabbaticals… you name it. It’s not just work for us - regular agency events, table football, lab days, and much more offer plenty of fun (of course only if the Corona-Situation allows it)!
The prime locations of our offices offer further opportunities for recreation and excellent transport connections.
Sounds good? Then send us your complete application (including your portfolio) using our online application form. We are looking forward to meeting you!
*Applications without portfolio will not be considered