Senior Account Manager - Creative B2B
We are Merkle B2B, one of the biggest and most successful B2B agencies in the world, and further part of the incredible Merkle and Dentsu parent groups. Since our establishment as a global end-to-end, best-in-class B2B agency, we are growing at a rapid and exciting pace.
Joining MerkleB2B, you will become part of a new-breed B2B powerhouse, delivering integrated B2B marketing solutions that are unparalleled in the market, working across iconic brands including Shell, Visa, Adobe, JPMorgan, Ericsson and many more.
Along the way, you will team up with inspiring colleagues across the MerkleB2B business ranging from Creative, Media, Insight, Experience and Data & Tech and become part of a truly inclusive culture where everyone is given the opportunity to thrive and create the best work of their careers; always learning and always listening to shape ideas, create culture and change behaviour.
At MB2B, we are determined to be the best - and we know that only comes from having the best people on our teams. So, as we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing network, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skillset through market-leading training schemes, including our proprietary Merkle University courses. You’ll be encouraged to be curious, to share new ideas and to be innovative and bold – we believe great ideas should come from everyone in the team. To that end we’re also actively engaged in ensuring DEI is at the heart of what we think, say and do. We work as part of the many pillars within our global and local DEI group – and strongly encourage all of our teams to be actively involved here too. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you’ll find the right work-life balance - mental wellness is incredibly important to us so we ensure everyone takes advantage of their generous holiday allowance as well as several additional Wellness Days each year - additional days off which are enjoyed by everyone within the Dentsu group.
We know right now that the ability to work remotely is as important as the ability to come together f2f as a team and agency, so we have enabled each team to build bespoke charters to identify the rhythm and cadence of when it will add value to be in the office collaborating round a table and when it’s useful to work from where suits you – all with the goal of driving success for our clients, our teams and our agency in the smartest ways possible. We’re really proud of our company values and culture, and we want you to feel fully part of that fantastic community, something we celebrate in our regular company and team socials.
As Senior Account Manager, you’ll support Account Leads (Senior Account Director and above) in top-quality delivery across our biggest and most important clients, driving innovative solutions that are 100% strategic and 100% creative. You’ll be owning and accountable for key projects and workstreams in their own right and will be nurturing strong and strategic relationships with key day-to-day clients. You’ll also be managing Account Managers and Account Executives, monitoring their workload and helping develop their skillsets.
- You’ll work closely with Account Leads and other capability leads to deliver solutions to clients by forging your own standing within the agency and the client business as THE reliable, go-to person on your accounts
- You’ll play a key role in taking briefs, challenging them, working across the agency and beyond to scope responses and plan delivery
- You’ll work closely with Ops and Project Management teams in building project plans, and project managing the team to deliver excellent execution of scoped work
- You are commercially savvy, able to set out commercial plans and forecasts at client and project level together with your Client Leads
- You’ll help coordinate invoicing and payment process as per contract and terms agreed
- You’ll act as the ‘gatekeeper’ for quality control and the first port of call on day to day queries and questions and plan progress
- You’ll bring creative thinking across all projects based on your experience and a deep knowledge and understanding of your client’s business and their challenges
- You’ll build meaningful relationships with your peers across the business MerkleB2B capability leads as well as key people across the Merkle and Dentsu business to support integrated delivery
- You’ll manage Account Managers and Account Executives and take responsibility for their growth and development within MerkleB2B
- You’ll safeguard excellent delivery of end-to-end strategic deliverables and creative campaigns and content programmes
- You enjoy building strong and meaningful relationships with colleagues, clients and partners alike and understand how to best connect the dots
- You’re entrepreneurial, hungry and ambitious to grow and develop within a fast-moving business
- You dig deep into your clients and their business to ensure you understand what’s driving them
- You’re curious and collaborative, looking beyond your practice area to orchestrate integrated solutions for your clients
- You go deep into your clients business challenges and are driven to develop the best possible solutions to those challenges
- You are calm and collected and able to inspire and motivate those around you, at all levels
- You’re reliable, well-organised and always forward-looking
- You’re not afraid to ask questions of your team and your clients
- You’re proactive and always come armed with ideas
- You’re able to make the complex simple by breaking down challenges into component parts and building
- You have a proven track record of working creative agency-side across complex client organisations and challenges (ideally some B2B but not essential)
- You have experience delivering integrated strategic and creative projects
- You have experience managing and developing key reports
- You have strong commercial acumen
- You are confident, a good communicator and not afraid to speak up
- You are able to be a critical contributor not just at project and client-level but also willing to contribute at an agency cultural level
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.