Alliance Director – Adobe and Emerging Partnerships (9 month FTC)
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices for the Fortune 1000. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion in Europe, especially in Barcelona and we have no plans to slow down! It’s an exciting time to be join us!
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
This alliance and commercial leadership role are part of a EMEA team in a high growth and dynamic area of the Merkle business. The successful individual will be accountable for driving incremental revenue from our partnership with Adobe across our EMEA and leading other emerging alliance partnerships.
This role will be supported by the broader EMEA Alliances team (marketing and solutions), regional alliance and sales teams as well as their Global Alliance counterparts.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to lead alliance, commercial and sales efforts that are not only focused on the capabilities in which they serve but also able to cross-sell within and between capabilities of Dentsu. A dynamic personality with a drive and passion to reach and influence decision-makers is essential.
Life as an Alliance Enterprise Sales Lead – Adobe at Merkle
· Create and manage an EMEA level joint business plan with Adobe that consistently achieves Merkle’s growth ambitions of 30% YoY TCV growth whilst meeting Adobe’s ASV and certifications
· Create and manage an EMEA level joint business plan with a select group of other alliance partners that align to Merkle’s growth and partner strategy
· Support alliance and sales leaders with creating and managing aligned regional plans (UK, DACH, Northern Europe, ES, IT and other relevant EMEA countries)
· Work collaboratively with Merkle’s practice, Growth, marketing and alliance leaders in each cluster to meet commitments in the joint business plan
· Driving incremental revenue for Merkle in partnership with Adobe and other emerging partners through:
1. Ensuring collaboration between Alliance Partner/sales team and Dentsu/Merkle Client Partner teams in the identification and development of technology alliance opportunities in an agreed set of priority accounts
2. Create agreed Pro-partner “Sales plays” that can be executed across EMEA to drive new logo (and existing client) lead generation and support sales/client leaders to close opportunities as required
3. Supporting renewal efforts if/when the opportunity needs extra sales expertise
· Establish trusted relationships with senior partner leadership and teams while coordinating proactive peer to peer partnership between Merkle/dentsu and our alliance partners at all levels of the organization
· Support local market clusters and Adobe alliance leaders in the local management and set standards for sales/client alignments, monthly governance, and quarterly business reviews
· Orchestrate a coordinated set of brand marketing and “Pro-partner” account-based sales and marketing plans into dentsu/Merkle, Adobe/Emerging Partners and the external market to achieve the goals in the joint business plan
· Ensuring availability of suitable collaterals for the Dentsu/Merkle offerings into Adobe/Emerging Partners and the Merkle/dentsu sales and account teams
· Working closely with the practice and cluster leaders across EMEA to define and extend the ability to sell and deliver services in new markets
· Contribute to the development of the EMEA and Global growth framework and best practices for alliance management
· Personally create thought leadership, present case studies and be the visible leader of the partnership both into Merkle/dentsu, Adobe/Emerging Partners and the client/new business brands
· Maintain an accurate, high-quality partner pipeline that is aligned to our company’s sales process
· Be responsible for all activities related to meeting our alliance partner metrics(ASV) across EMEA
What we are looking for in you
· It is anticipated that the appropriate candidate will have >5 years consultative sales experience and at least at least 3 years experience working with alliance partnerships
· Experience with originating and closing large, complex sales deals with alliance partners
· Knowledge and understanding of the Martech, Ad tech, Commerce and Cloud analytics, including Adobe and the partnership ecosystem (e.g. Salesforce, Google and AWS)
· Ability to propose solid solutions and commercial strategies to meet customer requirements
· Experience in Financial Services, Insurance, Travel, Media, Entertainment, Non-Profit, High Tech or Retail will be an added advantage
· Strong ability to create and manage net new relationships with senior client and partner stakeholders
· History of success working within an individual and team environment
· Deep general business knowledge and acumen
· Innovative and creative
· Viewed as a thought leader and well connected/networked
· Exceptional communications and presentation skills
· Ability to lead through influence over authority
· Strong collaboration capabilities
Please note: This is a maternity leave contract for 9 months
Dentsu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on sex, gender identity, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities or any other protected basis because we believe the best and brightest come from all walks of life. We aspire to foster a community in which diversity is valued in both our employees and our ideas.