Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are more than 300 colleagues here in Denmark and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people. Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion and cooperation.
We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
For the past nine years Mylmage has named us best digital agency.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people in Copenhagen and Aarhus, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love
- This great workplace in central Aarhus.
- The opportunity to think outside the box in your daily life as well as your career.
- A fun, diverse workday with lots of challenges.
- The sweetest and most talented colleagues in the industry.
- Cool parties and events.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer, who is a 100% dedicated team player and eager to learn. Over time we will sharpen both your operations skillset and your development skillset. We believe that in order to be truly an effective DevOps you need a strong insight into and understanding of the frameworks, development processes and tools used by our developers, therefore your time will be split between being a developer on one of our feature teams delivering new business features and being a DevOps engineer working on improving the pipelines, the build tools and environments.
You will be working closely with our Senior DevOps engineer and the development teams in an agile setting with a nice balance between technical excellence and getting things done.
- Maintain and develop infrastructure (mainly AWS) to run CI/CD for projects.
- AWS environments to run Jenkins, sonar and test environments
- Jenkins pipelines to run various tests and code analysis tools
- Code to maintain and automate AWS environments
- Developing new business features
- Maintain and develop build tools and work processes
Of course, you already know what Scrum, BDD, TDD and test-automation is. And you are by default open and progressive towards personal and craft development and learning. You will work closely together with both colleagues and customers, e.g. through pair-programming. It will help you share your knowledge – and gain new – quick and effectively.
Seniority is not that important (obviously having experience in the specific area really helps). But critical thinking, the ability to adapt quickly to change and to take ownership and be proactive are key and weighs more than other factors. The educational background should be relevant to any computer science or IT related area, the next are some examples of relevant bachelor’s:
- Bachelor or Master in computer science or similar
- Bachelor or Master in software engineering or similar
- Team player, enthusiastic and the ability take initiative when required
- Good at communicating both ideas and concepts and quick to grasp them as well.
There are a few things we believe are must-haves for you to be experienced in:
- Strong Programming skills (preferable Java )
- Scripting (bash, sh, etc.)
- Linux - server configuration (nginx, tomcat), administration, ansible
- Virtualization/Containers - Docker, vagrant, etc.
- Build tools (gradle, maven, etc.)
- cloud (preferable AWS), hosting, networking/routing, ec2, route54, ecr, terraform, packer
- Jenkins (setup, pipelines, extensions libraries)
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (Such as AWS)
There are also some nice-to-haves, not critical, but cool if you can tick them off:
- Experience with Continuous Delivery processes
- Experience with BDD principles and software delivery through pipelines
- Experience with advanced Linux networking (including VLANs, iproute2, iptables)
- Experience with containers (Docker, CoreOS etc.)
- Practical experience/understanding of agile concepts (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, pair programming)
- Understanding of provisioning tools like Ansible
- Able to research and test out new technologies
- Experience with SAP Commerce cloud
- Knowledge with Application servers (e.g. Tomcat)
If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding, please contact Tine Moe, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected]