Data Solutions Architect (Analytics & BI)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
We are looking for a Data Solutions Architect to join our team of data heroes. You will be responsible for architecting data lakehouse platforms for Business Intelligence and Data Science solutions in the cloud and driving the data team in project delivery. The ideal candidate is an experienced solution architect with a proven record of delivering large data/BI projects who enjoys building complex solutions from the ground up using the latest technologies. In addition, you should be a versatile self-starter eager to roll out next-gen data architectures, comfortable supporting multiple technologies/clients, and also a great team player able to mentor our international team with a positive, startup-minded attitude.
What you will do
- Provide thought leadership and drive architecture of Enterprise Analytics / BI and Data Science solutions to deliver scalable implementations using the latest cloud technologies in AWS/Azure and 3rd party BI platforms
- Translate business goals and use cases into technical solutions to deliver actionable insights for various business processes, especially in the area of sales, finance, e-commerce, manufacturing/logistics, banking or CRM. Become the technical SPoC for all stakeholders.
- Set architectural vision and direction across a matrix of teams. Propose a conceptual/logical design for various data components and large volumes of data integrations.
- Apply effective governance methods for long-term scalability, high availability, fault tolerance, and solution elasticity in alignment with enterprise architecture, security and infrastructure guidelines and standards.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the implementation team (data engineers, data scientists, BI consultants, ..) to ensure the project is implemented as per business requirements
- Support pre-sales by proposing a technical solution and effort estimates
- Maintain an internal framework to ensure consistent & optimal delivery across projects.
- Ensure full DevOps / DataOps automation of continuous development/test/deployment processe
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a technology-related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, IT, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in design and build of data solutions, a combination of relevant areas:
- Large-scale Data Lake / Datawarehouse (DWH) solutions
- Big data pipelines / ETL / APIs (data ingestion, processing, transformation and activation) development, preferably in cloud-based tools/infrastructure
- Business Intelligence projects, using BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlick Sense, Keboola, Tibco Spotfire …
- Data Science (Machine Learning) oriented solutions
- Understanding data concepts and patterns (Data Lake, Master Data Management, data quality, lambda architectures, streaming processing)
- Having a good business acumen, especially in sales, finance, e-commerce, manufacturing/logistics, banking or CRM areas
- Proficient in architecture methodologies and tools like diagraming (draw.io, Sparks EA, Confluence) and standards (Archimate, TOGAF)
- Experience with full software development lifecycle (CI/CD), including development skills using programming languages like Python/Java/Scala/C++ and relational/NoSQL databases
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving skills
- Strong technical leadership, mentorship and collaboration
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Proven experience with Data Lake / Datalakehouse implementations in AWS or Azure, using MS Azure (DataBricks, Data Factory, Data Lake, Cosmos DB, Event Hub, PowerBI, ..) or AWS (Glue, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift, Sagemaker, …) cloud services
- Understanding of Data Science (ML) concepts from both business and technical perspective;
Experience with ERP solutions like SAP, NetSuite
Experience with Marketing, E-commerce and CRM solutions like Salesforce (Marketing Cloud, CDP, Commerce, CRM), Adobe (AEM, Analytics) or Google (GA, BigQuery)
Benefits and Perks
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Software-house environment
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work system
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- Mental health support
- Volunteering experiences and sustainable mindset
- 3 extra vacation days
- Free breakfast every first Monday of the month
- Employee discounts
- Team & Company events
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.