Technology Consultant – Solution Architecture
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Technology Strategy group within Merkle specializes in providing clients with holistic technology solutions across all areas of the customer experience technology stack from data management and identity, to analytics and reporting, audience management, and channel activation. With cross-functional expertise across all areas of Marketing Technology, we are developing a Solution Architecture practice that will help clients navigate through the complexities of integrating the different components of marketing technology.
We are looking for an experienced Consultant with Solution Architecture background who can straddle both business requirements and technology implementations to deliver elaborative architectures, data flows, and recommendations to meet our clients’ needs. This role requires aspects of Technical Architect as well as a Business Subject Matter Expert. The Solution Architect owns the high-level blueprint for a client’s customer experience technology ecosystem and partners with partners, principles, consultants, systems integrators, and platform architects to deliver the architecture vision aligning with related recommendations and multi-year roadmap for implementation. In some instances, it may require hands-on experience looking at client systems.
- Architecting and designing within the customer experience technology stack bridge business and technology requirements and ensures usability, accessibility, and performance.
- Work with business consultants, platform and data specific architects to design complex cross-channel solutions that involve the integration of various Marketing Technology platforms (Digital Messaging/Campaign Management, Database, CMS, Web Analytics, Decisioning, Personalization, Identity Management, CDP, eCommerce, and Business Intelligence platforms, Loyalty Platforms, Preference Centers, Customer Lookup Applications, vendors/application and sizing).
- Responsible and accountable for the underlying eloborative architecture of a client’s customer experience technology stack.
- Lead technology conversations with Sr. Management to present innovative tech strategies to client senior leadership teams including new technology adoption, upgrades of existing technology tools to improve overall operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to bridge business & technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless vision for the future.
- Ability to develop a viable, scalable, and integrated technology blueprint across all areas of customer experience technology with feasible technology choices that meet the clients’ requirements and fit in with existing technology.
- Ability to wear multiple technology hats across systems integration, technology consulting, and technology solution design and architecture.
- Ability to effectively communicate vision and compelling storytelling, both written and verbal, to drive client stakeholder alignment to that vision.
- Ability to participate and lead technology discussions with prospects (RFP support).
In-depth knowledge of:
- Hands-on delivery and/or certification experience with one or more customer experience technology vendors (Adobe, Salesforce, AWS, Google, Snowflake, CDPs, data solutions, digital messaging platforms, etc.).
- Real-time application integration.
- Architecture visualization tools like Lucidchart or Visio.
Working understanding of:
- Enterprise level content management systems such as AEM sites, Drupal, etc.
- Integration of real-time site optimization, test and target in tools like Optimizely, Adobe Target, SFMC Interaction Studio.
- Tag management in tools like Google Tag Manager, Ensighten, Tealium iQ, Adobe Launch.
- Concepts and best practices within database architecture, navigating both structured and unstructured data, data processing (ETL and services) and customer identity management.
- Large-scale technology implementations including understanding of scoping, estimation, and managing timeline/budget.
- Legacy migration and re-platform of technology solutions.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $113,000 - $174,500. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Additionally, this position is eligible for discretionary incentive compensation. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit dentsubenefitsplus.com.
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.