Digital Analytics Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
As part of Merkle EMEA we hold the most Adobe Solutions Specialisations of any other global organisation and are one of the largest Google Analytics 360 Sales Partners in the UK. We are looking to hire a Digital Analytics Lead with experience implementing tracking and reporting solutions for either Google or Adobe analytics who will be able to quickly pick up (and potentially add to) our best practices and instantly help us to deliver high-quality work for our clients.
- Work with clients to define their measurement strategies and drive data maturity and activation
- Liaise with client developers to implement on-site data layers that support our data collection activities
- Implement measurement strategies using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch
- Nurture client relationships and become a trusted extension of their business through ongoing communication
- Present project outcomes and proposing new work and technologies that will add value to their business
- Stay current on industry insights and innovation to improve internal techniques, processes, documentation and quality assurance
- Coach and help more junior members of the team
- Lead multi-functional delivery teams, providing motivation and support to ensure project objectives are met/exceeded (often across multiple concurrent projects)
- Work autonomously and as a team, with time management a critical attribute
- Advanced knowledge of tracking and tagging for marketing and measurement
- Expert at implementing Adobe or Google Analytics and contributing to the discovery and design phases
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Adobe Launch or Tealium
- Strategic thinker with excellent presentation and communication skills and the ability to build relationships with and influence a variety of stakeholders at different levels of seniority and technical knowledge
- Able to delegate effectively, leading teams to deliver large web analytics projects
- Logical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Experience managing or mentoring a team
The following experience would be advantageous but NOT essential:
- Experience with website testing technologies such as Optimizely, Google Optimize or Adobe Target
- Knowledge of the wider Google Marketing Platform or Adobe Experience Cloud solutions
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.