Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
The Manager’s role is to be a programmatic channel lead and team player for the client projects they are engaged in as well as overseeing the work of a team of associates. You'll work across a range of clients and be responsible for contributing to the programmatic department’s growth and innovation. Furthermore, you will have your own team of 2-3 people where you will be responsible for their career development, personal growth and fostering a sharing culture.
Life as a Programmatic Manager at Merkle
- Full oversight over client engagements including support with delivery, measurement, reporting, client communication and contribution to strategy
- Provide thought-leadership to clients, contributing to blogs and case studies
- Maintaining a top-level view of programmatic display strategy for all clients within your sub-team and discussing expansion opportunities with senior managers
- Being escalation point on your team’s accounts where necessary. Handling business development opportunities where appropriate as well as dealing with client grievances. Knows when to escalate to the Assoc. director if needed
- Execute and manage online media campaigns for clients including but not limited to exchange based performance media, audience-based buying and branding campaigns
- Manage a team of 2-3 associates and ensure their personal growth is a key part of your role. Have the opportunity to join our management and leadership training.
- Keeping up to date with the latest programmatic trends, betas and new features
- Assist with innovation of the programmatic department and wider agency by joining/leading one of our agency centres of excellence
- Opportunity to support in the recruitment process and overall development of new talent
- Proficient in handling large accounts running campaigns across Desktop, Mobile and Video
- Strong knowledge and experience in using DSP’s. Specifically, Google’s Display & Video 360. Amazon, The Trade Desk & Xandr would be a bonus
- Strong analytical mind-set
- Experience in setting up PMP’s, PG’s and working with Publishers
- High level of organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Successful examples of managing or mentoring team member
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.