Application Manager / Technology Director
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation company, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region. We partner with brands to achieve meaningful progress as a force for growth and good.
We create world-class solutions and services that unlock new opportunities for growth and business transformation across the entire customer journey.
We believe the future of customer experience is personal: informed by data, powered by technology, and delivered through creativity. Together we inspire transformation and unleash a brand’s true potential.
We identify, create, and optimize opportunities for brands to connect and engage with consumers across channels, devices, and platforms along their journey. We believe in campaigns that are true to the brand, bring meaningful impact for growth and lasting good.
We deliver Idea-Led Experiences, designed for the digital age, delivered at global scale.
The Application Manager position is based in Zurich/Switzerland and the main responsibility is to take over the supervision of our software applications. The responsibilities include identifying the best applications and solutions for our business's needs, understand, monitor and enhance the “2014 Hospitality Experience” application landscape as needed.
A successful applicant should have a strong working knowledge of software development, integration, administration and most importantly; excellent technical skills, attention to detail, good communication skills and the ability to work with deadlines.
Key job requirements:
- Project management and main contact for all SAP and own applications, services and technologies
- 2014 Hospitality Experience application landscape user management
- Product backlog management (Agile development)
- Interact with the development team (in-house and external)
- Understand business area demands and transform them into creative solutions
- Analyzing business operations and determining which software applications could improve efficiency
- Produce feasibility studies and solution proposals for senior management
- Troubleshooting and resolving any problems with business application software
- Sets technical direction for business applications and maintenance initiatives
- Regular involvement with company events, team meetings and projects
- Managing and reporting on allocation of IT budget
- Most importantly, always ensuring a high level of customer service that’ll make anyone smile
You will be required to assist with ad-hoc tasks if and when required. The nature of the business is such that it may be necessary to amend or add to the responsibilities at a later stage and you will be required to perform any task that is allocated to you, specific to the projects at hand.
- A degree in computer science, information technology, information systems, or similar
- A broad working knowledge of computer applications, how they are built, integrated, and managed
- Experience in customizing, deploying, monitoring and optimizing applications
- Experience with constructing and editing HTML and CSS files
- Fluent English and German: written and spoken. Our company main language is English
- Analytical skills that are data-driven as well as problem-solving
- Good organizational skills, detail-oriented and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong desire and curiosity to learn, continuously improve and expand skills
- The ability to work in international teams, but can also get things done on your own
- Experience and a passion for learning (technical and soft skills)
- A flexible approach. Willing to provide support out of normal business hours when required (i.e., during major releases or events)
- An urge to learn new digital and technical skills on a frequent basis
It’s a bonus if …
- You know one of the SAP solutions, especially SAP Commerce and BTP
- You have worked with e-commerce before, especially in the event management area
- You have developed applications using Java
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through the home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits, or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background. We look forward to hearing from you!