Junior E-Mail Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in HTML to join us as an Email Developer. You will learn from our growing team of Email Developers and tasked with ensuring a quality output is delivered.
Alongside email the Digital team are big advocates of animated gifs and will help ensure that you are taught how to create them using Adobe Photoshop as well as creating online surveys and landing pages.
The role will give you the opportunity to work across a range of large client accounts and campaign types.
Life as an Email Developer at Merkle
- The role will be focused on Email Campaign Delivery with hands on delivery of the client’s requirements including:
- Hands on HTML campaign production (email development, rendering optimization, dynamic rules) and deployment (content set up within deployment tool, applying segmentation, deployment scheduling, quality assurance)
- Work with internal teams and or client teams in coordinating and communicating content change requests
- Being aware and having a proactive, mindful “eye” to problem identification and mitigation (associated with execution of HTML Email Campaigns); capable and confident problem-solving skills; recognizing when and to whom to escalate and issues; utilizing knowledge and experience to avoid repeat/similar problems in the future
- Ensure all work being produced meets the highest standards, error free and delivered on time
What we are looking for in you
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Photoshop and Dreamweaver)
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and ability to create HTML emails from scratch
- Circa: 1 years + experience
- Proficient with any ESP Platform (e.g. Salesforce/Adobe Campaign)
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
We can offer an exciting and enjoyable working environment. You will join a team who are passionate about creative excellent customer and business experiences for our clients.
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Dentsu University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including 3 Wellness days and 2 volunteer days
- 25 days holiday plus birthday