EMEA Head of Analytics Solutions
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices for the Fortune 1000. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion in Europe, especially in Barcelona and we have no plans to slow down! It’s an exciting time to be join us!
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
The Head of Analytics Solutions sits within Merkle’s growing Analytics service line with over 4000 people globally. This is a critical role that sits at the intersection of new solutions development, go-to-market approach, and strategic initiatives across EMEA.
We are looking for a self-starter and a thought leader that helps craft innovative analytical solutions that can solve our clients’ business problems. Is a leader in business development activities such as responding to RFPs, participating in new business pitches, and developing account growth strategies with our sales and account management teams. This role also has high engagement on large clients as an SME and is a trusted advisor to C-level partners.
- Drive product innovation based on Merkle 5.0 strategy, fast currents and future client needs trending in the marketplace
- Partner with cluster and market analytics leaders within CXM and across SLs to codify current solutions for use across the region; innovate new capabilities and partnerships that keep us on trend and ahead of the competition
- Deliver consistency of analytics and cloud/data engineering offerings across all analytics teams regionally; ensure ability for local market activation where not present
- Lead end to end prioritization and management of integrated solutions development, working closely with relevant team members
- Maintain project plans for solution creation roadmaps to ensure delivery of new capabilities in a timely manner
- Engage on new business pitches and represent Merkle analytic capabilities and expertise
- Responsible for go-to-market strategy and content to be utilized for prospecting and new business pitches
- Partner and build analytics solutions alongside the EMEA Alliance organisation (Google, Amazon etc.) to develop proprietary Merkle Analytics + Alliance solutions and go to market approach with each partner
- Own development of a case study library based on existing client stories to represent our best work to clients and prospects
- Work with local and regional pitch teams to ensure best-in-class solutions and delivery to ensure value and competitive pricing to win deals. Partner with other Merkle practice areas and service lines (Commerce, Creative, Technology, Media) to identify opportunities for analytics to be a component of their solutions and go-to-market
- Engage on large clients as an SME, providing expertise, thought leadership to be seen as an innovative partner and solidify and grow our relationship works and is aligned with EMEA SSCM/Chief Client Officer to ensure advanced analytics is a core component of dentsu solutions
Key Performance Indicators for this role include:
- Increase in regional analytics revenues >20% in first 12 months
- Consistent analytics offering across all markets
- Realise COE strategy for the region across key analytics pillars
- Meaningful inclusion (revenue) realised in 50% of integrated pitches (CXM and dentsu)
This role will directly report into the President of Merkle EMEA as a member of the Merkle EMEA Executive Leadership Team and matrix into the Global Merkle Analytics Lead.
- Extensive experience in a similar, relevant role, including typically a minimum of 10 years; operating at a strategic management/expert level
- Highly developed knowledge of the principles, theory and practice relating to Analytics, including a strong understanding of the broader Analytics offerings (Engineering, Client Delivery; Propositions; Digital and Experience) As well as an awareness of broader developments relevant to the organization.
- Proven skills in matrix team management, optimising performance of team through leadership and mentoring, managing any challenges, ensuring alignment between team members skills and needs from the business.
- Demonstrated skills in leading a large multi-disciplined team (ideally across multiple locations), providing mentorship, recruiting and retaining key talent with proven successful results.
- Driven to continue to raise individual and company profile by leading on white paper releases and supporting the team in engaging with internal and external marketing initiatives.
- Significant experience with stakeholders, navigating difficult conversations to mutual benefit, knowing when to challenge and when to go the extra mile to deliver and prioritising efforts.
- Experience with utilising near-shore and off-shore delivery capabilities
- Travel is expected as required for key projects to engage broader teams across EMEA
Please note: This role is open to applications across the EMEA region and could be based in any of our EMEA locations.
Dentsu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on sex, gender identity, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities or any other protected basis because we believe the best and brightest come from all walks of life. We aspire to foster a community in which diversity is valued in both our employees and our ideas.