Frontend Support Engineer / Developer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
We are a leading data-driven & technology-enabled full-service agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across various platforms and devices. We partner with the Top 500 companies in the DACH region as well as in Eastern Europe and focus on customer experience transformation & CXM.
Our 1800 digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 147 countries.
This role will mainly focus on the support and maintenance (including software development) of the Magnolia platform. The successful candidate will join an international multi-skilled team which founded on customer centricity and pro-activeness.
The Magnolia Frontend Support Engineer is responsible for analyze and resolution of support tickets and maintenance and evolutions CMS views in accordance with the overall development guidelines. As part of services, the incumbent will identify the bug, and fix it following the development guidelines. It needs also to be able to identity enhancements and small evolutions to be applied to the project. Should be experienced in B2C, multi-site and multi-country scenarios, we expect someone with a full customer-centric mindset.
- Refining, consulting and implementing new features by writing robust, well-organized code with performance, and maintainability in mind (Magnolia Backend)
- Update the code / application documentation and provides release notes according to every maintenance release
- Support produce training materials for new functionalities and newly developed features
- Performs software upgrades and updates (if applicable)
- Assess the impact of upgrades and updates, security patches (if applicable)
- Assist the technical lead with the overall magnolia roadmap
- Assist train/coach business owner on new functionalities
- Implement and maintain application monitoring
- Incident (bug and service request) and problem analysis and resolution.
- Debugging issues and performing complex code/config changes to ensure resolution
- Analysis of ticket trends and provide recommendations to revert any negative trend
- Own the issues until resolution
- Supporting clients with technical know-how
- Collaborate with an international team
- Coordinates feature requests, pull requests, bugs in Magnolia modules, issues or other topics with Magnolia support / devs
- Escalate to other support teams if resolution can’t be found or to the technical lead
- Using ServiceNow as unified working tool to manage incidents
- Responsible to build/maintain technical and training materials in central repository
- Responsible to build/maintain Quick Reference guides and FAQ’s
- Maintain internal team documentation – process changes, configuration documents etc.
- Problem management to find the route cause and implement a resolution
- Perform or support the required regression testing
- Perform block updates
- University or college degree in computer science or business information systems
- 2+ years of experience in software development
- 2+ years of experience working with Magnolia Experience Platform
- ITIL, certified in foundation level or higher
- Proven Experience with React, VueJS or Next.JS
- Experience with Headless CMS Implementation
- Experience consuming APIs
- Good understanding of REST / Web APIs principles. Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Ensuring good responsive design implementation that is optimized for all form factors
- Optimizing web components for maximum speed and scalability
- Experience in implementing Design Systems jointly with design teams is a plus
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in application development, application testing, component design
- Demonstrated experience with Unit testing practices and methodologies
- Understanding of Version Control principles and strategies to enable large development teams (experience with Git is a must have)
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum development processes
If you feel inspired by us, we will probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.