AEM Lead / Senior Developer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
We are a leading data-driven & technology-enabled full-service agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across various platforms and devices. We partner with the Top 500 companies in the DACH region as well as in Eastern Europe and focus on customer experience transformation & CXM.
Our 1800 digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 147 countries.
The AEM Senior/Lead Developer role will be responsible for taking AEM platform implementations projects through the entire life cycle. You will work as the technical lead and senior engineer together with your team, and will be directly involved in the design, development, and testing of AEM Sites projects. You will report to a Merkle DACH engineering lead in either Switzerland or Germany. The position will include both working with project teams in an Agile environment and self-directed activities. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication, and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative, organization, and judgment.
• Designs and implements Adobe Experience Manager solutions
• Performs role of subject matter expert for Adobe Experience Manager
• Quickly learns and designs integrations with various marketing technologies
• Communicates both to non-technical clients and technical development teams
• Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
• Experience in following Agile development practices
• Ability to get things done without being micromanaged
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
• Technical proficiency to accurately document code
• Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
• Prepare proposals and time estimates for future work
• Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications
• 3+ years experience with creating custom AEM components and templates, experienced in using AEM Core Components
• 3+ years experience maintaining and administering AEM sites
• Delivery of at least three AEM projects as a Senior /developer
• Recent AEM Developer certification
• Experience with AEM as a Cloud Service
• 5+ years experience with Java
• 5+ years experience with HTTP and REST API usage
• Experience utilizing common CI/CD tool-chains, e.g. Git, Jira and Confluence
• Very good knowledge of current web technologies (Java/JEE) and/or experience with software frameworks (e.g. Spring)
• Familiar with AEM workflows, Maven/Gradle as well as Sling, JCR and OSGi services
• Advanced code design and execution skills
• Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work/learn as part of a team
• Advanced knowledge of ticket based tracking system
• Advanced organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
• Advanced skill in providing confident and polite customer service
• Advanced troubleshooting and configuration skills
If you feel inspired by us, we will probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.