Junior Software QA Automation
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Come be a part of our professional, collaborative, and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference. We’re looking for ambitious and enthusiastic individuals that have recently graduated and are looking to start their career in Quality Assurance (QA).
As a Junior QA, you’re the guardian of quality and you make sure that all software that our projects deliver is of the highest possible quality. A big part of this is done through extensive testing of the systems that we deliver, but your responsibilities don’t stop there.
As a Junior QA you will:
- Be part of the entire software development lifecycle
- Be responsible for the creation of test scenarios by translating business requirements into concrete test scenarios
- Execute tests and raise defects if the results aren’t as expected
- Proactively identify risks and impact assess defects raised
- Create test plans and test strategies
- Report on the results of the tests and the defects found
Life at the Merkle:
- We have a fantastic training and mentoring programme in place to help you get up to speed with what we do, learn how everything works, and to prepare you to be an exceptional QA Consultant
- Our training programme includes formal training and certification (e.g. ISTQB, CAT) which will be of great value for the rest of your career
- You will be directly working with a portfolio of international clients in a wide range of sector.
- You will have the opportunity to see different types of QA projects
- We will regularly evaluate your performance and adjust training needs as necessary
What we’re looking for
- You’re a recent graduate and hold an IT-related university degree (Bachelor or Master)
- We will also consider you if you’re not a recent graduate but are looking for a career switch
- You’re interested in improving the quality of software systems our projects deliver
- You’ve got intellectual curiosity and ambition
- You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
- You must be comfortable with spreadsheets and have a keen interest in databases and maybe even a bit of programming
- You’re an EU citizen or have an EU work permit
- You’re able and willing to occasionally travel to client sites or other Merkle offices throughout Europe
Salary and benefit
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Spanish/English lessons and free coffee and fruit
- Free life and health insurance
- Great career progression opportunities
- Opportunities for personal growth & professional development
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Linkedin Learning and Skillsoft)
- Merkle Benefits Club
- Great friendly and international environment
- International portfolio of clients and projects, giving the opportunity to work on projects all across Europe
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.