Cloud & Integration Engineer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking to hire a Cloud & Integration Engineer
The purpose of this role is to automate the deployment of cloud infrastructure and services to support application development and hosting, architecting, engineering, deploying, and operationally managing the underlying logical and physical cloud computing infrastructure.
What is your role?
- Define standards (and/or select cloud vendor products) for each infrastructure tower in coordination with traditional engineering and network teams
- For private cloud environment, configure and provision NGI physical stack – incl. rack-level design and other support activities needed from operations/facilities teams
- Continue improving cloud product reliability, availability, maintainability & cost/benefit– incl. developing fault-tolerant tools to ensure general robustness of the cloud infra
- Responsible for managing capacity across public and private cloud resource pools– incl. automating scale down/up of environments
- Support cloud developers in optimizing and automating cloud engineering activities – e.g., real time migration, provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Provide inputs to IT financial management for cloud – on costs associated with capacity build-out, forecast for cloud IT investments, etc
What you should have?
- Expertise in infrastructure as code (e.g., cloud formation, ARM, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience with configuring, deploying and operating public cloud services (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) Basic familiarity with network features – e.g., cloud network topology, BGP, routing, web (REST) APIs
- High availability engineering experience (region, availability zone, data replication clustering)
- Awareness in open-source tools & scripting language (e.g. Python, powershell, Shell, Kubernetes)
- Deep understanding of software development lifecycles
- Understanding of network architectures suitable for different cloud topologies
- Good knowledge of security implications of public & private cloud infra design
- Product development in a scaled agile environment
- Knowledge of consumption driven TCO on cloud – i.e. understanding of cloud provider pricing vs. internal costing for various config decisions
- Awareness of DevOps methodologies and ability/mindset to drive rapid prototyping and piloting of cloud solutions
- Familiarity with user expectations/OLAs for cloud services (to be able to design user centric engineering services – e.g., provisioning self-service workflow)
- Fluent in English is mandatory.