Business Development - Sales Development Representative
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
Dentsu is the world’s largest advertising agency brand, a company with a history of 118 years of innovation, the Dentsu Group provides a comprehensive range of client centric brand, integrated communications, media and digital services through its ten global network brands—Carat, Dentsu, dentsu X, iProspect, Isobar, McGarry Bowen, Merkle, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum—as well as through its specialist/multi-market brands. The Dentsu Group has a strong presence in over 145 countries and regions across five continents and employs more than 62,000 dedicated professionals. Dentsu Aegis Network Ltd., its international business headquarters in London, oversees Dentsu’s agency operations outside of Japan. The Group is also active in the production and marketing of sports and entertainment content on a global scale.
Besides having an insatiable hunger to learn and a strong drive to contribute towards the team’s goals, here’s what we expect from you in a day’s work:
Market Research & Opportunity Identification
- Identifying the right prospects based on industry verticals, funding rounds, open tenders/RFPs and other triggers. (You should be really good at using Google and working with information in the public domain)
- Tracking the movement of decision-makers through organizations. (Either through manual discipline and rigour, Or fancy LinkedIn scraping programs in Python - we care for the end results, not the means)
- Analyzing and mapping the competitors’ customer landscape. (Your cue to get creative)
Inside Sales & Prospecting
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound efforts on LinkedIn, email, call (If you’re shy about emailing or cold calling a prospect, this is NOT the role for you)
- Represent the face of Sokrati through the first customer touchpoint. Should be able to grasp Merkle Sokrati’s offerings (on-the-job learning) and elucidate the same to the prospects. (Be ready to explain what we do to an 8 year old, AND be prepared to answer cross-questions from a client CMO)
- Understanding customer needs and requirements to qualify the leads for sales. (going beyond just quantitative targets and finding the right fit)
- Routing qualified opportunities to the sales leads for further development and closure. (having a team-player mentality and ability to get satisfaction to contributing to the larger team)
- Accumulate the latest trends and developments in the digital marketing industry through an inquisitive and self-motivated approach. (always be learning and investing in your knowledge)
- Nurturing the engaged leads through engaging and curated content relevant to the prospects’ business needs and our offerings. (ability to handle rejection and create human relationships instead of seeing every prospect as a row in your lead list)
Eligibility (MUST HAVE) · B.E., B.Tech., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Pharm., BBA etc.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in B2B sales - pre-sales, market research, prospecting and cold outreach through email, Linkedin, phone
- Hands-on proficiency with leadcycle management and executing outreach sequence. Ideally through a CRM or sales & marketing SaaS platforms like Salesforce, Pardot, Hubspot, Marketo, Zoho, etc.
(GOOD TO HAVE)
- Experience with organizing marketing events, webinars, reports release, etc. For demand generation in a B2B organization
- Basic idea of the sales cycle in the enterprise and startup ecosystem – procurement process, agency contracts, decision-making processes
- A good understanding of digital marketing channels and MarTech ecosystem – Google and Facebook Ads, SEO, YouTube algorithm, SMM, Google Analytics, AppsFlyer, Branch, CRM vs CDP, customer identity resolution, customer engagement and retention
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.