Accounts_Manager_Level 40_Accounts & Finance
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 3600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work�. The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means �source� or �origin.� Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company�s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Purpose of the role is to lead and guide the Accounts function towards meeting short-term and long-term business and departmental objectives within the overall strategy framework and driven by the values of our organization.
- Assist in the development of short term and long term organization business plans, budgets and appropriate MIS and reporting processes.
- Work closely with the sales & marketing, operations, talent management, IT and corporate strategy team, for co-ordination of various organizations tasks and activities.
- Support in formulating policies governing the Finance and Accounting Department
- Support in the development of operating plans for the effective running of finance and accounts team.
- Support in the cascading of elements of the operating plan to reporting teams and / or cross – functional teams when called upon.
- Support in the periodic review and alignment of the operating plan of Finance and Accounts teams to the overall corporate strategy.
- Support in the Periodic evaluation of the finance and accounts strategy and plan to ensure alignment and high level of contribution to overall organizational effectiveness.
- Ensuring all expenses are correctly accounted and provided in the books of accounts and all necessary taxes are deducted on the same if applicable.
- Ensure periodic review of Accounts Receivable and identify and flag problem accounts to the Accounts Management team and escalate as appropriate.
- Ensure prudent and accepted norms are followed for Revenue recognition and maintain detailed reconciliations of all related Revenue accounts.
- Manage the month end books of accounts closing process as per the month end calendar for all countries / entities.
- Ensure periodic general ledger scrutiny and reconciliation of all Balance sheet Accounts (including all Bank reconciliations) on a monthly basis.
- Provide timely and accurate MIS /MMR as per laid out calendar to the Management.
- Ensure all books of Accounts are maintained accurately and timely as per the Accepted Accounting Procedures.
- Ensure that statutory audits and Internal Audit are completed with NIL qualifications within prescribed time limits.
- Lead the program for Physical verification of Assets and ensure that physical assets are tagged and reconciled to the Fixed Asset Register and present the final report to the Board of Directors.
- Ensure timely and accurate disbursement of employee payrolls, reimbursements, taxes, PF etc. on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that payroll process is designed and reviewed periodically to ensure adequate internal controls.
- Ensure all compliances related to payroll are complied with on time.
- Support the Finance head in all Tax planning initiatives (direct and indirect)
- Interact with Tax advisors and seek clarifications on company matters pertaining to taxation and keep oneself abreast of latest developments and changes in Taxation laws.
- Ensure that Tax Audits and Tax returns are completed on timely and accurate basis.
- Ensure that all refunds from Taxation authorities are adequately followed up and obtained.
- Ensure proper and accurate accounting and reconciliation of all Tax accounts on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that all Direct and Indirect Tax returns (Income Tax / TDS / GST / VAT etc) are filed on a timely basis.
- Ensure computation of advance tax and payment of all taxes – direct and indirect is done on a timely basis.
- Review and Improve processes and systems to ensure smooth, effective and efficient operations in the accounts department.
- Monitor and lead various initiatives like quality improvement/measurement, automation, etc.
- Participate in cross functional teams (as and when applicable)
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.