IP Senior_Manager_Analytics_Atlanta, GA
Ugam, a Merkle company, is a leading analytics and technology services company. Our customer-centric approach delivers impactful business results for large corporations by leveraging data, technology, and expertise. We consistently deliver superior, impactful results through the right blend of human intelligence and AI. With 4600+ people spread across locations worldwide, we successfully deploy our services to create success stories across industries like Retail & Consumer Brands, High Tech, BFSI, Distribution, and Market Research & Consulting. Over the past 21 years, Ugam has been recognized by several firms including Forrester and Gartner, named the No.1 data science company in India by Analytics Insight, and certified as a Great Place to Work®.
The name Ugam comes from the ancient Sanskrit language and means “source” or “origin.” Ugam seeks to be the source of solutions for the complex problems of retailers, brands and market research firms worldwide. The name signifies the company’s position as a pioneer in the market for data and analytics, and the source of relevant actionable insights for clients.
Ugam, a Merkle company and part of Dentsu, is looking for Manager (Analytics – Competitive Pricing)
This role (remote now) is responsible for managing competitive pricing analytics engagement for one of the largest US based retailers. In this role, you will engage and partner with client’s ‘Pricing and Assortment’ leaders. You will manage innovative competitive pricing analytics self-serve dashboards with high degree of data and process-build rigor.
This will involve understanding of building complex analytical data transformation pipelines, and production grade dashboards. Overseeing design, estimation, review and tracking of work across teams based out of US and India to drive end-to-end delivery of multiple initiatives involving already built, new build, and ad-hoc asks – would be some of your key responsibilities.
The team will involve members from Merkle’s data scraping team. You will work with the teams to innovate and design scraping strategies to harvest competitive product listing, pricing, and inventory data; this is vital to the analysis and insights being delivered to client’s pricing and merchandising stakeholders.
- Manage engagement and delivery for a million-dollar competitive analytics SoW with highly demanding stakeholders expecting proactive engagement and quick response
- Ensure high client success scores with near to zero escalations due to schedule slippages and or subpar outputs
- Set & adopt practices to do better inquiry of business questions; ensure reviews (code reviews, analytical insight read out on PowerPoints and dashboards) and detailed progress tracking of various initiatives, client requests and feedback
- Pressure test estimates to avoid under/over commitment of timelines and help scope work-effort and develop plans involving a global team
- Mentor, coach and guide junior members of the team to increase operational efficiency, quality of the solution and to provide upskill opportunity where needed
- Ensure documentation of all analytical data sets, processes and methodology that are ready for client business and analytics team consumption
- Setup and run working rhythms within the team; Focus on analyst efficiencies and drive automation of commonly occurring requests
- Conduct team performance reviews and provide consistent & constructive feedback to grow team’s capabilities
- Engage with the SoW sponsor to present biweekly insight readouts and provide progress updates.
- For complex, high visibility and quick TAT needs, execute end-to-end analytical tasks independently supporting senior client stakeholders
- Consult on data strategies and own the execution of those strategies
- Write analytics readout stories (PowerPoints) that are clear, easy to understand for business users and demonstrate high degree of finesse.
- Bachelor’s in computer science (preferred), Statistics (preferred), any other engineering
- Preferred Master of Science in Statistics, Business Analytics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, and related fields)
- Preferred MBA with Concentrations in Analytics related fields
+8 years in analytics & consulting services, demonstrating:
- Experience managing global teams of over 5 reportees is a must
- Extensive hands-on analytics project work
- Engaging with, and presenting to senior leaders
- Applying basic statistical techniques to business problems
- Building compelling self-serve analytics tools (dashboards)
- Competitive intelligence experience using scrape data is a plus
- Proficiency in complex querying, joining, and manipulating raw datasets for analysis using SQL
- Exposure in statistical modelling using Python/R/SAS/any other math libs
- Good data story telling skills using PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Tableau (or PowerBI / Spotfire / Looker)
- Good understanding of Business finance
- High engagement skills, led by good communication & listening skills
- Curious minded and detail oriented
- Must be pro-active and determined (Initiates action, Analytical and problem solver)
- Must be able to work with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100K-$130K/annum. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.