PR - Marketing & Communication Lead - Marketing | Growth
Merkle, a dentsu company, is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalized marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in consulting, creative, media, analytics, data, identity, CX/commerce, technology, and loyalty & promotions drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With more than 14,000 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. For more information, contact Merkle at
1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkle.com.
The PR Manager is responsible for developing and implementing Merkle’s PR and media strategy, building Merkle’s reputation and ensuring effective media coverage. The PR manager will provide day-to-day tactical leadership and be able to quickly respond in a fast-paced, driven environment.
The role of PR manager reports to the Marketing & Comms India lead and works closely with members of the Marketing Team to align efforts to execute a cohesive PR plan. This role will also work cross-functionally across Merkle including with the marketing team, solution leadership, and our global teams.
· Work with the Marketing & Comms India lead to ensure the communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization's strategic vision; and develop/execute comprehensive public relations programs to strategically position the organization in the marketplace
· Help drive external awareness through proactively pitching stories positioning the organization, senior leadership, and other industry leaders as experts on specific topics
· Coordinate and manage external PR agency resources
· Develop and maintain a media/publication target list
· Monitor and report on media coverage
· Manage the production calendar of press releases, articles and interviews
· In conjunction with the PR agency, arrange interviews and editorial meetings with key journalists for Merkle’s executive team and thought leaders and facilitate these meetings where appropriate
· Develop and manage the PR scorecard
· Writing experience in either an external communications, public relations, or marketing environment to include press releases, abstracts and articles.
· Ability to interact and communicate clearly and effectively across a variety of stakeholder groups
· Excellent project management skills with strong organizational, time-management and planning abilities
· Analyze PR data and interpret it for a range of audiences
· Communications professional with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience.
· A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism, or Marketing Communications, is required
· Extensive PR experience in the marketing industry/Prior experience working in a PR agency, press office or fast-paced media environment is desired
· Nice to have – existing relationships with journalists in the technology beat
· Nice to have – worked in analytics/technology/B2B industry
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.