Senior Project Manager
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, Merkle DACH partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger between Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000+ passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Are you ready to push the boundaries of digital change and join a growing team with an amazing work environment?
If so we are searching for our next Senior Project Manager with native German & fluent English or those at least C1+ to join our expanding team to partner with our clients designated projects in Vienna.
Job description, qualifications and additional information below for you!
This role is designed to be performed by experienced (5+ yrs) project managers being responsible for all areas and of project management for our key business clients. The senior project manager manages the delivery of the project or program from the very beginning (team setup, budget and contract validation, initiation of project kick-off with team and client) throughout the whole lifecycle of the project until the completion formal closure of the project. He/she is also responsible for internal and external reporting of project status and progress (workload progress, finance status, etc.), for implementing and executing processes for managing risks, issues and changes during project and also for completing the project in the defined budget and profitability level. Additionally, she/he provides consulting services to our customers
- Responsible for handling of customer projects with regards to scheduling, financial and content aspects
- Have the full control of project planning, risk and scope management, project team leadership
- Acknowledge and validate contractual details of project
- Execute daily project management activities
- Provide regular internal and external reporting of project status to different levels of stakeholders
- Obtain client acceptance for partial and complete delivery
- Deliver and lead medium to large sized projects or subprojects in a large program
- Deliver the project within the contracted time, quality and budget and to the company defined profitability level
- Manage local and remote team members and external suppliers
- Client and 3rd party team members towards the project success
- Comply with company’s project management standards and processes
- Identify and unlock further business opportunities
- Consulting services
- Create concepts and specifications
- Ensure smooth communication with clients
- Support the acquisition process, and create offers
- Build and develop Merkle project management skills
- Coaching/Mentoring for other Merkle project leads
- Excellent communication skills
- Tech savvy
- Sales and business mindset
- Relevant graduation with a university degree or other higher educational background
- Team spirit – able to work in a regional and international team
- Role model in her/his acting and performance
- Relationship management – create relationships on all levels
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Project Management competency
- Soft skills: presentation skills, communicative, professional, positive attitude, pro-active and independent worker, with a can-do attitude
- Native/Fluent German, Fluent English, written and spoken, any other language is a plus.
- Experienced with full lifecycle of project management discipline, know-how of modern project methodologies (e.g. kanban, agile, etc.)
- Management of software development and digital delivery projects (e.g. ecommerce, CRM, ERP, CMS, etc.)
- As an advantage: Certified in Project Management (Prince 2 practitioner, PMP, Agile PM Practitioner or other equal, Scrum Master, IPMA, etc.)
Why you should work with us?
- We are cooperating with an all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects and technologies to choose from to our people.
- You will be part of a startup-minded branch of a company with a very strong and stable background of the Swiss/German headquarters.
- Your contributions will have a distinct impact on our clients
With us, you will become part of:
- An international team, where you can gain new/relevant experience.
- A dynamic environment where you will never happen to fall into a routine work.
- Career path growth astounding – client grows, our team grow, you grow!
- Start-up agile atmosphere.
- Friendly international team of creative minds
And we offer even more!
- Laptop and Mobile ( even for your private use).
- Cafeteria of benefits to choose from – life insurance, pension insurance, Edenred Cafeteria and more are coming
- Home Office three days per week
- Flexible working hours
- 5 training days per year
- Leadership trainings & forums
- Yearly pass for Vienna (Wiener Linien Jahreskarte)
- ÖBB Vorteilscard for business trips
- Ideal public transport connection (U2)
- Massages during working hours
- Mediclass membership
- Discounts on myClubs offerings
- 10 hours of counselling by a Personal Coach
- Corplife Mitarbeiterwelt membership with 5€ starting balance
- Modern office space with fully equipped kitchen and rooftop and an amazing view
The Salary range starts at €60,000/ year and can increase based on your skills and experience for the position in question following the application/interview process.
- International bonus program
- Birthday & Anniversary presents
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.