Java Developer - BPM
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
What You Will Do
You will be part of exciting teams that work with Software Development
- Manage development projects;
- Develop Java software solutions;
- Contribute to the definition of requirements;
- Corrective and evolutive maintenance;
- Ensure the correct methodology is used during development;
- Work together as a team member and delivering value to the projects.
Main Technical Requirements
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 4-years minimum experience in java programming language.
- Knowledge Hyper automation technologies with focus on Business Process Management (BPM) (Nice to have).
- Experience in web technologies like RESTful APIs, JSON, and XML.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies.
- Experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying automated workflows and processes (Nice to have).
- Ability to write and maintain technical documentation in English.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with team members and stakeholders.
- Strong continuous-learning mindset, keeping up to date with the latest technologies and trends in the Hyper automation field.
We do not sponsor work visa.
For those who don’t have Portuguese documents (NIF and NISS), we suggest you to search for more information at local country Social Security entities, as well as on SEF (Serviços Estrangeiros e Fronteiras), for possible roles in Merkle Portugal.
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Software-house environment
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work system (remote friendly)
- Digital nomad policy
- Focus on career development
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- Mental health support
- Volunteering experiences and sustainable mindset
- 25 vacation days + 3 wellness days per year
- Beers (after 6pm), foosball, and ping-pong! #workhardplayhard
- Free breakfast every second Monday of the month
- Employee discounts
- Team & Company events 🎉
Inclusion & Diversity
We value the strength diversity brings to our business and are working hard to build a more inclusive workplace through partnerships with Stonewall, Business Disability Forum and Business in the Community’s race and gender equality campaigns. We are happy to discuss all flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles – we can’t promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.