Tech Lead (DB & ETL)
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
Total Experience : 8 - 10 Years
Must Have Skills :
- Database (Oracle / SQL server / Teradata / Vertica / Redshift / Big query / Azure DW etc)
- ETL tool (Talend, Informatica, Datastage)
- Python, UNIX shell scripting, Project & resource management
- SVN and JIRA
Good to Have Skills :
- Experience in Cloud computing (one or more of AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Tidal (automation tool)
- Matillion (ETL)
- MS Office
- Client-facing skills
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Ability to design simple to medium data solutions for clients by using cloud architecture using AWS/GCP
- Understanding of DW, data mart, data modelling, data structures, databases, and data ingestion and transformation.
- Understand ETL as well as database skills
- Understand of data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
- Understand of relational and non-relational databases and when to use them
- Leadership and communication skills to collaborate with local leadership as well as our global teams
- Document project architecture, explain detailed design to team and create low level to high level design
- Perform mid to complex level tasks independently
- Support Client, Data Scientists and Analytical Consultants working on marketing solution
- Work with cross functional internal team and external clients
- Strong project Management and organization skills. Ability to lead 1 – 2 projects of team size 2 – 3 team members.
- Code management systems which inlcudes Code review, deployment, cod
- Bachelor's degree or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities
Working with us means freedom in the workplace. Easy said? Then take a look here: Free time management and home office friendly. Both technical freedom and support in the team are important to us. The know-how of over 800 techies is at your disposal. Use and multiply it. You choose the platform on which you are most productive: Windows, macOS or Linux.
Pens, paper or writable glass walls are also available if you need a distance from the digital. Do you want to vent your brain? Jump on the foosball, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food there are regular breakfasts, town hall meetings and much more. Not enough? Then do something for your education. We support you.
Sounds good? Become a part of our team and apply here, digitally of course.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.