We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
As an engineer you will be involved in the development of E-commerce solutions based on a ecommerce engine based on php (CS-Cart, knowledge of CS-CART is not required but will be a plus). You will need to acquire a good understanding of both plateform in term of technology and architecture and actively participate to the implementation and the evolution of both solution through real E-commerce projects.
- Support and influence technical decisions in regard to architecture, tools and libraries,
- Contribute to the platform development,
- Refactor code and build new features keeping in mind that the plateform must be scalable, source code produced must be optimized and aligned with all the security standard of the industry.
- Bring the best practices of web development to the team,
- Apply agile principles providing good estimations, deliver on time and in good quality.
- Handle assigned tasks from inception to delivery.
- 2+ years of experience minimum
- Experience with technologies such as Memcached, Redis
- Backend and Frontend development experience,
- Very strong knowledge of Mysql and PostgreSQL and be able to write optimized query to avoid bottlenecks in high traffic websites.
- E-Commerce experience is mandatory,
- Knowledge of other languages (HTML, JS) and framework (Bootstrap, Angular, Backbone.js) is a plus
- Good knowledge in English. Able to speak, write and read English
- Strong sense of service
- Capacity to understand a business requirement and transform it technically within the solution considering all the specifications and rules.
- Ability to have a global approach when implementing a new feature.
- Ability to remotely work in a team where team members are in various geographical locations and timezone
Why should you work with us?
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. Need to clear your head? Hit the foosball table, PlayStation, massage bench or yoga mat. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
⛺ 5 weeks of vacation + 3 wellness days
❤️ 2 Volunteering days to share the kindness of your heart with others
⏰ Flexible working hours and home office
🎯 Fully covered certifications in Salesforce, Adobe, Microsoft, etc. (delete for non-tech roles)
🎓 Full access to Dentsu Academy, LinkedIn Learning, on-site learning sessions
🐶 Pet friendly offices
💌 Edenred meal and cafeteria points
🍹 Team events: company parties, monthly breakfasts, and pub quizzes
🥪 Snacks, and drinks at the office
💸 Referral bonus programme
💻 Laptop + equipment
📞 Corporate mobile phone subscription
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.