Senior Software Developer - Umbraco
Want to join Denmark’s best digital agency?
For the past 9 years, MyImage has named us just that. Right now, we’re looking for YOU and your talents to grow our team and help Merkle get even better.
Would you like to develop not only cool solutions, but also yourself in an uplifting environment with fantastic benefits – then keep on reading!
Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices. We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech, and martech platforms.
We embody the strong combination of local and global: Almost 300 colleagues work here in central Copenhagen, but we are also part of Merkle worldwide and dentsu – a global agency network covering 145 markets.
Smells like team spirit
We don’t have a slide for fast travel between our two floors, but we have plenty of reasons why you’ll love working at Merkle. We offer:
- A nice pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Your own balance of office vs. remote work
- Weekly Friday bars (yup, your weekend buzz is on us!)
- Daily-cious breakfast and lunch from our in-house chefs
- An unlimited amount of coffee, tea, and supportive colleagues
- Wine tasting club, running club, game nights, grand parties, fun events
- A creative environment that lets you think 27 kilometers outside the box
We have employees who’ve stayed with us for 5, 10, 15, even 20 years! This is surely due – in part – to our flexible working conditions and consideration for each person’s needs. There’s room for you to be yourself, including dressing however you like. We try our best to take good care of each other, our clients, and the world around us.
This also means we don’t hire brilliant jerks. Do you have a knack for pitching the right ideas, but have your head up your own amazingness? Well, for that reason, we’re out. More than likely, though, you’ll make an awesome addition to our team, and we can’t wait to meet you!
Are you a passionate and experienced software developer with solid skills in C#/.NET? And do you have experience and interest in Umbraco? Then, you are who we’re looking for!
Along with 20+ dedicated software developers in our backend team, you will be working on Danish and international projects, both B2C and B2B.
We work primarily with .NET, Sitecore, Umbraco, and Episerver/Optimizely. As mentioned, this position focuses on Umbraco, but if you are more passionate about the other CMS-systems, then please do not hesitate to apply.
We work with huge clients on all platforms and often with great complexity in the solutions. We work with architecture and integrations and help our clients both with recommendations on platform choices, integration options, and opportunities in relation to platform, products, and cloud offerings.
We use and love Scrum, automation, Azure, Azure devops, cloud offerings, Visual studio, Resharper, headless architecture, integrations, graph-ql, Sql, json, CI/CD. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of tech and concepts we work with as these are ever changing.
A typical day will include:
- Scrum meetings, development sessions, bugfixes, development collaboration, and sparring
- Understanding the ”as is” solution and architecting the ”to be” architecture
- Discussing options within the team and building the feature/product/architecture that was agreed upon
In your professional team here at Meldahlsgade, you will meet your like-minded people – some of the best in the business. We work in teams with a lot of discussion and feedback across skills and disciplines, so you will never be left alone on a task.
Check out two projects our developers are very proud of here and here.
Developing yourself along with your projects
At Merkle, developing is not just something you will be doing on your projects. You will also continuously be developing your skills as we make sure you carry out new types of tasks based on the latest technologies and trends.
You will not be working on the same boring internal system for an eternity. We stimulate the nerd in you by providing a diverse workday with lots of challenges to keep your developer spirit alive and thriving.
We even have a specific set of objectives to help you build more experience and climb the career ladder faster. We are also passionate about real-world knowledge sharing in our team, discussing client issues, and learning from each other’s experiences. And you have regular 1:1 talks to keep track of your professional development and job satisfaction.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced developer. Preferably, a senior - intermediate are also welcome to apply.
For intermediate developers, we further expect you to be comfortable ticking these boxes:
- Basic data modelling and development skills in Microsoft .Net preferably C#
- Basic knowledge Umbraco and datastores is a must
- Capable of writing and understanding technical documentation
- Capable of working independently
- Working with version control including understanding and working in environments with CI/CD
- Quality conscience
- Capable of researching and analyzing complex solutions and features
- Knowing basics about application security
- Capable of writing automated tests
For senior engineers, we extend expections to a subset of the list below:
- Advanced development skills within key technologies
- Advanced knowledge about Umbraco
- Business understanding and impact
- Client communication
- Internal knowledge sharing
- Working with performance, logging, scalability, maintainability
- Cross-craft communication
- Estimation and risk assessment
- A proven project track-record
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding, please contact Anna Lynge, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected] or phone: 28 94 90 73.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.