Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. The Merkle brand is the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000+ passionate individuals in 146 countries.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Business Intelligence Consultant to join our team of Data Heroes. You will help our clients to get new insights from data, analyses and visualize their business to enable smarter decisions and better products & services delivery. Your primary focus will be in understanding business goals/KPIs, data ingestion, analysis and visualization in cloud-based reporting tools.
You will cooperate with other data roles (architects, scientists and engineers) in the team on large international projects for the biggest world brands. You should be a versatile self-starter eager to support data-driven businesses, and also a great team player able to work within our international team with a positive, startup-minded attitude.
- Participation in workshops with client’s stakeholders to validate goals, expected inputs & deliverables
- Doing requirements gathering, logical models, functional & technical designs
- Performing data analysis of business requirements, understanding source data and map them to the target/common data model
- Defining and implementing reports to visualize insights/KPIs on dashboards, using BI tools like PowerBI or Tableau
- Working with data engineers to productionize data pipelines and automate reports generation & distribution
- Previous experience in a similar BI functional role (5+ years) preferably in telco, financial or digital marketing services industry
- Past experience in using BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Qlick Sense, Keboola
- Solid proficiency in data warehousing concepts (ETL, Stage/Core layer, Dimensional Modelling, Data Marts etc.) and SQL programming
- Experience with SQL databases, such as Oracle or MS SQL Server
- Strong analytical and communication skills, data-oriented personality
- Hands-on experience in MS Azure, AWS or other cloud-based environments is a big plus
- Business expertise in areas of Digital Marketing (AdTech), Marketing Automation, CRM or e-commerce is a significant advantage
- Understanding data workflow management and ETL tools like Informatica, Pentaho, Azure Data Factory, Airflow, NiFi, StreamSets, Glue, etc.
- Understanding of big data processing using technologies like Hadoop, Spark, etc.
Why should you work with us?!
- We are cooperating with all types and sizes of clients from all around the world which allows us to provide a very diverse portfolio of projects and technologies to choose from our people.
- You will be part of a startup-minded company branch with a solid and stable background in the Swiss/German headquarters.
- Your contributions will have a distinct impact on our clients
We work with highly motivated people, who support and enrich each other. We live the possibilities of the digital world through home office, meaning you can work anywhere with flexible (annual) working hours. We also value face-to-face exchanges - coffee or tea, biscuits or fruit are all welcomed on board and shared throughout our offices.
If you ever feel the need to take a break from the digital world, we love to get hands on together and use pens, paper, and whiteboards for brainstorming sessions. For networking and (brain) food, we offer regular exchange formats, like meetings, tech labs and more. Not enough? We are full believers in education and support training, whether it be internally or externally. We support you.
If you feel inspired by us, we’ll probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.