Junior Financial Controller
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
What will be your responsibilities?
• Work in close relationship/interaction with the reporting team of foreign and local Group Companies
• Request and collect the financial information required from each component, on monthly basis
• Review the accuracy of the information collected and solve any discrepancies;
• For each company you will provide support in the financial statements disclosures
• Perform balance sheet reconciliation
• Perform monthly closing journal entries and accruals
• Assist the consolidation process including the recording of consolidating entries;
• Provide support in the internal controls (JSOX)
• Comply with legal requirements
• Participate in meetings and guarantee appropriate progress
• Coordinate additional reporting activities if required
• Give support to the entity controllers and External Auditors processes
Your profile should be!
• A professional with a bachelor's or master`s degree in accounting, management, economics finance, or auditing
• No more than 3 years of experience in controlling and accounting
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards - IFRS
• Fluent in English, written and spoken is mandatory
• Considerable knowledge of spreadsheet software and basic computer systems
• A person with a strong drive for results, including proactive problem-resolution skills in delivering stringent deadlines
• Proficient in conveying information efficiently and across departments
• An Excellent team player with the ability to interact with different departments
• A professional with demonstrated ability to perform accurate numeric calculations
• An Excellent communicator
• Dynamic, with a high sense of responsibility and autonomy.
- Cutting Edge Technology & Latest IT tools
- Agile and Flexible working hours
- Fair compensation according to your experience
- Career path
- Software-house environment
- Health insurance (also included for the household)
- 25 vacations days
- Free coffee
- Team & Company events 🎉
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.