Magento 2, Technical Lead/Architect
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
We are a leading data-driven & technology-enabled full-service agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across various platforms and devices. We partner with the Top 500 companies in the DACH region as well as in Eastern Europe and focus on customer experience transformation & CXM.
Our 1800 digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the dentsu group, who shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 147 countries.
- Designs and implements Magento solution
- Performs role of subject matter expert for Magento
- Quickly learns and designs integrations with various marketing technologies
- Communicates both to non-technical clients and technical development teams
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Experience in following Agile development practices
- Ability to get things done without being micromanaged
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English)
- Technical proficiency to accurately document code
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Prepare proposals and time estimates for future work
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications
The Magento Architect role will be responsible for taking Magento platform implementations projects through the entire life cycle. You will work as the overall architect and technical lead and will be directly involved in the design, development, and testing of Magento projects. You will report to a Merkle DACH engineering lead in either Switzerland or Germany. The position will include both working with project teams in an Agile environment and self-directed activities. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication, and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative, organization, and judgment.
- 8+ years experience with creating custom Magento modules and templates
- 8+ years experience maintaining and administering Magento
- Delivery of at least three Magento projects as an architect
- Recent Magento Developer or Architect certification
- Experience with Magento 1x and 2x, Magento cloud (is a plus)
- 10+ years experience with PHP
- 10+ years experience with HTTP and REST API usage
- Experience utilizing common CI/CD tool-chains, e.g. Git, Jira and Confluence
- Very good knowledge of current web technologies (PHP) and/or experience with software frameworks (e.g. Symphony)
- Experience with integrations to other CRM or MarTech vendors and systems
- Advanced architecture design and diagramming
- Advanced code design and execution skills
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work/learn as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of ticket based tracking system
- Advanced organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Advanced skill in providing confident and polite customer service
- Advanced troubleshooting and configuration skills
If you feel inspired by us, we will probably be inspired by you. Join us now and apply online to make sure we match each other’s expectations. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome all qualified candidates - regardless of your gender or background, please indicate your salary expectations and possible entry date. We look forward to hearing from you!
Personal consultancies - we only work with selected partners.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.