Alliance Sales Lead - Salesforce
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 12,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2019 net revenue of $1.1 billion.
dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress, and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Why Join Us?
We have a start-up feel with the backing of a large agency network. We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated sales professional with diverse credentials to round out Merkle’s executive sales team under the support of the vast global network of Merkle and dentsu international.
Merkle is the leader in data-driven performance marketing. We help brands achieve tremendous competitive advantage. We thrive because we employ the best in the business. Merkle’s energy and personality live in everything we say and do, and it shows in the way we deliver to our clients. Click here to learn more about our culture.
The Alliance Sales Lead will be primarily responsible for originating new business opportunities through the Partner Alliance (Salesforce) to grow Merkle’s services business. The ASL will also be responsible for driving attributed Merkle-influenced software-revenue for Salesforce Partner. The scope of the role is to lead Merkle’s relationships across Salesforce alliance product areas.
- Experienced in partner-side, front-end sales, qualifying and converting opportunities into sales qualified leads
- Experienced selling into and/or partnering with Salesforce
- Initiative-taking, persuasive, a self-starter, and a quick study
- Comfortable working with SVP and C-Level leadership
- A “plugged in” professional with an active network / “Rolodex”
- Own the co-selling relationship with Salesforce Partner Alliance and driving sales and marketing programs directly with our partner's sales and marketing teams.
- Function as a subject matter expert with Salesforce, the ASL will help drive new sales at existing clients and new logos.
- Develop lead flow and coordinates closely with partner sales, Merkle sales and client partners.
- Train and support Partner Sales Managers who match partner opportunities with the alliance partners they know, trust and believe will best help close deals for partner.
- Execute your duties aligned with the approved sales plan for Merkle services for partner and Merkle-influenced partner license revenue.
- Deliver, and contribute to, the joint narrative between Merkle and Partner in cooperation with Merkle solution owners.
- Cross-functionally support internal teams in identifying, developing and closing new business.
- Lead SalesForce Alliance enablement including participation in go-to-market activities, deal-registration / incentives, and management of Merkle virtual presence with Partner
- Drive the Partner alliance to higher levels of maturity across the Merkle Alliance Partner framework: Sales, Marketing, Enablement, Joint Initiatives, Delivery
- Contribute through internal teams to develop alliance partner offerings and go-to-market strategy
- Execute solutions to meet the unique business needs of clients and effectively position the same
- Enter and track all opportunities in CRM portals to managed progress toward performance goals
- This role will play a key part in driving wins at the most strategic accounts to support the success of our alliance program.
- Position Merkle as a leader in the Salesforce Alliance partner ecosystem with access to senior Alliance partner leadership
- Achieve alliance metric targets across pipeline, sales (TCV, ACV), win rate, and in-year revenue Increase Alliance Partner maturity across the dimensions of the Merkle Alliance Partner Framework
- Operate within assigned budget
- Minimum of seven to ten years of overall professional experience
- Minimum of five years in digital media, marketing, consultative or alliance sales experience
- Domain knowledge in marketing technology and ad technology
- Salesforce experience and relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of digital agency marketplace
- Develop strong internal relationships within respective Verticals, Business Units and across Merkle
At Merkle, we have created a great place to work by sticking to our core belief that a great company is built around great people and great results.
dentsu “eight ways” shape and guide the way we do things here, so that, together, we can achieve the ‘never before’ for our clients, for society and for each other.
We dream loud.
We inspire change.
We team without limits.
We all lead.
We make it real.
We climb high.
We choose excitement.
We are a force for good.
We are dentsu.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle, an agency of Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at Merkle, a dentsu agency.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position.
About dentsu international
Part of Dentsu Group, Dentsu International is a network designed for what’s next, helping clients predict and plan for disruptive future opportunities and create new paths to growth in the sustainable economy. Dentsu delivers people-focused solutions and services to drive better business and societal outcomes. This is delivered through five global leadership brands - Carat, Dentsu Creative, dentsu X, iProspect and Merkle, each with deep specialisms.
Dentsu International’s radically collaborative team of diverse creators unifies people, clients and capabilities through horizontal creativity to help clients create culture, change society, and invent the future.
Powered by 100% renewable energy, Dentsu International operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 46,000 dedicated specialists, and partners with 95 of the top 100 global advertisers.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.