SEO Content Specialist
Merkle Bulgaria provides global retailers with a single source of expertise, technology, and operational support. We have a proven track record for delivering, managing, and innovating multi-channel commerce platforms for major international brands and retailers including Adidas, Clarins, ASDA, Shiseido, Birkenstock, La Prairie, and more. Our world-class team has delivered sites for over 35 brands with more than 400 transactional eCommerce sites in 60 locations and on 6 continents.
Currently, we are working in partnership with our office in London, UK and looking for talented people to join the SEO team that will be based between Bulgaria and UK. The current open role:
SEO CONTENT SPECIALIST
What you'll do:
In this role, you will be pivotal to the department’s continued growth by playing a leading role on one or more of our key accounts and developing international strategies.
Reporting to one of our fantastic SEO Managers, we’ll help you continue to develop your digital marketing career with the opportunity to grow global client accounts and collaborate with other Merkle best-in-class departments to create and execute holistic content campaigns.
Unlike some SEO content roles, you won’t find yourself building content campaigns to acquire backlinks.
Instead, we focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences for audiences, meaning your day-to-day will see you:
- Develop and implement content strategies with the support of SEO Associates
- Develop and implement international content strategies in line with core client KPIs, SEO content findings, and industry trends
- Utilizing keyword research and competitor insights to provide meaningful content recommendations and meet client objectives
- Motivating and supporting a team to deliver against content SEO campaigns
- Providing regular updates on the timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis, and other follow-up items
- Identify creative opportunities for content strategies that will generate interest from a variety of clients
- Extracting insight from audience & campaign data to identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
- Exhibiting a clear understanding of overall client brand messaging, audiences, and goals, and managing the development of content
- Educating a wider team on content SEO and being responsible for answering questions on content processes, trends, and strategies
- Ability to communicate complicated SEO concepts to key stakeholders who may not have a background in search engine optimization
- Review and QA content deliverables to ensure they are of the highest standard before going to the client
- Anticipate and mitigate challenges with delivery timelines, and oversee prioritization of tasks
- Support the wider team to prepare client presentations – Excels, PowerPoints, Quarterly Business Reviews as well a
What you'll need to succeed:
- Fluent level in verbal and written English
- Previous SEO experience 2-3 years (ideally within an Agency environment) proven experience in devising and managing a content strategy with demonstrable results
- Understanding how to create global content strategies
- Passion for the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry-leading expert
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Ability to conduct in-depth keyword research and pull meaningful insights around intent that shape strategy
- Ability to conduct competitor analysis to illustrate the search landscape and drive strategy
- Knowledge of ‘quick win’ vs long-term return content tactics
- Familiarity with the latest SERP features and different content formats that best meet user intent
- Ability to identify issues with existing content (duplication, cannibalization, internal linking strategy) as well as spot opportunities to add new content that will boost organic traffic and improve UX
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with Screaming Frog, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Data Studio
- Experience working with common content tools, or the ability to learn how to use new tools quickly (e.g., Ahrefs, SEMRush, Conductor)
- Ambitious and driven with a passion for SEO and a keen eye for detail
- Good interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong client relationships
Nice to haves:
- Additional language is nice to have e.g., French, German, Spanish
- Previous experience working for enterprise clients is a bonus
- Experience working in collaboration with other digital marketing teams is a bonus (e.g., Paid Search, CRO, Digital Experience)
- We are huge believers in work-life balance, that's why we offer all of our employees 25 days of paid leave;
- We recognize strong talent and go above and beyond to attract and retain the best people, that's why our remuneration packages are among the top on the market;
- We understand that there cannot be a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to benefits, that's why we have a customizable benefits packet, that fits your own needs;
- Our teams operate using a hybrid work model, and they can work from both the office and the comfort of their own home;
- Free parking spaces for all of our employees when they decide to work from the office;
- Free drinks and snacks in the office to help keep the energy levels up;
- Attend the most popular tech and business events in Bulgaria for free, of course.
Тhаnk you for reading about our role. If you decide to apply, keep in mind that we will be considering candidates who meet our requirements first, then everyone else. If you don't hear back from us, we may reach out in the future once we have a role that might be a better fit for you.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.