Technical SEO Associate
Merkle Bulgaria provides global retailers with a single source of expertise, technology, and operational support. We have a proven track record for delivering, managing, and innovating multi-channel commerce platforms for major international brands and retailers including Adidas, Clarins, ASDA, Shiseido, Birkenstock, La Prairie, and more. Our world-class team has delivered sites for over 35 brands with more than 400 transactional eCommerce sites in 60 locations and on 6 continents.
Due to incredible growth, we are looking for a Technical SEO Associate to join our talented & passionate SEO team.
Reporting to one of our Bulgarian Managers, the successful candidate will have a fantastic opportunity to accelerate their career by working on well-known global brands as an extension of our UK-based team.
Life as an SEO Associate at Merkle
Unlike some SEO roles, you won’t find yourself managing teams of outreaches chasing unrealistic link-building targets. Instead, we focus on helping clients deliver incredible search experiences and working on improving the technical health of our clients’ websites, meaning in your day to day will see you:
- Work closely with a large UK-based account team on Enterprise level international SEO accounts
- Opportunity to accelerate their career by working on well-known global brands as an extension of our UK team
- Ability to execute technical deliverables such as UAT testing post product launches, CMS migrations, speed audits, schema audits
- Ability to audit website’s technical health, prioritize technical errors, and convert their findings into actions for the client to report to their development team e.g. robots.txt, XML sitemap, redirect mapping, canonical tags, broken links, 404 errors, unindexable pages etc.
- Ability to communicate complicated SEO concepts to client stakeholders who may not have a background in search engine optimization.
- Formulate actionable tech deliverables that have a clear business impact for the client
- Adhere to SEO best practices, and keep up to date on the changes to search engine algorithms, making sure that changes are incorporated into the existing workload, where relevant
- Communicate progress status & updates to our internal SEO project manager & internal Regional SEO coordinators
- Contribute to solving technical SEO problems for websites across different platforms and markets
- Support the wider team to prepare client presentations – excels & PowerPoint
What you need to succeed:
- Fluent level in verbal and written English
- Previous technical SEO experience - 2+ years
- Previous experience working with Screaming Frog, GA, GSC
- Experience working with one of the following is a bonus - Ahrefs, SEMRush, OnCrawl, Conductor, DeepCrawl Ambitious and driven with a passion for SEO and a keen eye for detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Natural curiosity to think outside of the box (or the tech checklist) and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- We are huge believers in work-life balance, that's why we offer all of our employees 25 days of paid leave;
- We recognize strong talent and go above and beyond to attract and retain the best people, that's why our remuneration packages are among the top on the market;
- We understand that there cannot be a "one size fits all" approach when it comes to benefits, that's why we have a customizable benefits package, that fits your own needs;
- Our teams operate using a hybrid work model and they can work from both the office and the comfort of their own home;
- Free parking spaces for all of our employees when they decide to work from the office;
- Free drinks and snacks in the office to help keep the energy levels up;
- Attend the most popular tech and business events in Bulgaria for free, of course.
Тhаnk you for reading about our role. If you decide to apply, keep in mind that we will be considering candidates who meet our requirements first, then everyone else. If you don't hear back from us, we may reach out in the future once we have a role that might be a better fit for you.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.