(Senior) Software Developer - with interest in Umbraco
Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are 30 colleagues in the Philippines working closely with 700+ colleagues here in Northern Europe and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people. Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion and cooperation.
We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people stationed here in the Philippines, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love …
- This great workplace in Central Luzon.
- The opportunity to think outside the box in your daily life as well as your career.
- A fun, diverse workday with lots of challenges.
- The sweetest and most talented colleagues in the industry.
- Opportunity to work remotely - based on location
- Delicious dinner served every day - for free
- Snacks + Unlimited brewed coffee (imported from Batangas and Benguet)
- Two-week paid vacation yearly!
- Pizza Fridays, Employee reward system, Wedding assistance, cool parties and events.
Are you a passionate software developer with solid skills in C#/.NET? And do you have experience and interest in Umbraco? Then, you are who we’re looking for!
Along with other dedicated software developers in our backend team, you will be working on international projects, both B2C and B2B.
Primarily, we work with .NET, Sitecore, Umbraco, and Episerver/Optimizely. As mentioned, this position focuses on Umbraco, but if you are more passionate about the other CMS-systems, then please do not hesitate to apply.
We work with huge clients on all platforms and often with great complexity in the solutions. We work with architecture and integrations and help our clients both with recommendations on platform choices, integration options, and opportunities in relation to platform, products, and cloud offerings.
We use and love Scrum, automation, Azure, Azure devops, cloud offerings, Visual studio, Resharper, headless architecture, integrations, graph-ql, Sql, json, CI/CD. Note that this is not an exhaustive list of tech and concepts we work with as these are ever-changing.
A typical day will include:
- Scrum meetings, development sessions, bugfixes, development collaboration, and sparring
- Understanding the ”as is” solution and architecting the ”to be” architecture
- Discussing options within the team and building the feature/product/architecture that was agreed upon
In your professional team, you will meet your like-minded people – some of the best in the business. We work in teams with a lot of discussion and feedback across skills and disciplines, so you will never be left alone on a task.
Developing yourself along with your projects
At Merkle, developing is not just something you will be doing on your projects. You will also continuously be developing your skills as we make sure you carry out new types of tasks based on the latest technologies and trends.
You will not be working on the same boring internal system for eternity. We stimulate the nerd in you by providing a diverse workday with lots of challenges to keep your developer spirit alive and thriving.
We even have a specific set of objectives to help you build more experience and climb the career ladder faster. We are also passionate about real-world knowledge sharing in our team, discussing client issues, and learning from each other’s experiences. And you have regular 1:1 talks to keep track of your professional development and job satisfaction.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced developer - intermediate to senior.
For intermediate developers, we further expect you to be comfortable ticking these boxes:
- Basic data modelling and development skills in Microsoft .Net preferably C#
- Basic knowledge Umbraco and datastores is a must
- Capable of writing and understanding technical documentation
- Capable of working independently
- Working with version control including understanding and working in environments with CI/CD
- Quality conscience
- Capable of researching and analyzing complex solutions and features
- Knowing basics about application security
- Capable of writing automated tests
For senior engineers, we extend expectations to a subset of the list below:
- Advanced development skills within key technologies
- Advanced knowledge about Umbraco
- Business understanding and impact
- Client communication
- Internal knowledge sharing
- Working with performance, logging, scalability, maintainability
- Cross-craft communication
- Estimation and risk assessment
- A proven project track-record
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile through our application system.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding, please contact Anna Lynge, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected] or phone: +45 28 94 90 73.
Graduate Opportunities: Whether you're still studying, recently graduated or are already working and fancy a career hop, we could have a perfect opportunity for you.
Experienced Hires: Leverage your expertise, challenge the status quo and grow your career at Merkle.